Monday, August 27, 2007

Do you ever have one of those weeks,.....

where everything seems to be going wrong. It all started Friday morning. We had a couple of errands to run, so I got up early and got ready so I could leave as soon as the kids ate, and hopefully it wouldn't be 105 degrees outside. I had to go to the dry cleaners to get a dress altered. I get the kids out, which now takes forever with their new car seats, get them in the stroller, finally get over the curb, get into the dry cleaners, and they tell me that they can alter a dress with "bones" in it. He tells his wife can do it so I decide to go see her. I get back outside, back over the curb, get the kids loaded up, which has not gotten any easier in the last five minutes, get in to start the car, and the battery is dead. Thankfully, the laundromat man brings his car over but it is to small to start mine, so one of his employees brings her van over and it starts finally. We go to Wal-Mart, do our shopping, car starts fine. Yeah!! Go to the game Friday night, again the car starts fine. Sunday afternoon, we went to Sam's because it is too hot to do anything outside. We strolled around for a while, while people point and stare (you get used to it) and bought some water and a lasagna, big list I know. Jake goes to get the car and pull it up to the front, and a few minutes later, I see him walking not driving back to us. Battery died again. We called one of our friends to come give us a jump because not one person who drove by us stopped to offer help. Nevermind the three babies and the hood that is up. Now, I like to think of myself as a relatively intellegient person, not once did it cross my mind to return to the large air conditioned structure, so we stood outside in the heat, waiting for help. We finally make it home and had a good evening with the kids. Today, Monday, Jake comes home for lunch and walks down the hallway to find water pouring out of our hot water tank closet. That's right, not dripping, pouring. There is no shut off valve on this thing so he has to turn it off at the meter. We finally get it turned off, but not before there is water everywhere and every towel we own is lying on the floor, failing to contain the water. Jake is now out purchasing a water heater for us to install this evening. Let's hope we can do this. I know it's a long post, but it's been a long week. I need some cookies!

1 comment:

granna said...

I am so sorry you have had such crazy times! Maybe it is the eclipse!! We are so proud of the way you both handle these little bumps in the road and keep a sense of humor..we love you all!! Kissies and Hugs to everyone.
granna