Monday, December 17, 2007

Who turned off the heat?

My parents came down from Oklahoma this weekend where the weather has been terrible. My mom and dad never lost power, but all of my in-laws had no power and water for a week and a half! They finally got power back Friday, which is good with Christmas right around the corner. Jake and I went to his company Christmas party on Friday night and then Saturday Jake and my dad just finished up some projects around the house. They hung the new flat screen with the built in DVD player up in the kids playroom and it is a lifesaver!!!! Probably one of the best birthday presents ever. Well the temperature was in the seventies and eighties and then middle of last week it turned cold. We are talking thirties and forties with rain. Needless to say the children and I have cabin fever! So my mom and I decided to brave the mall with the kids just to get a change of scenery. It was so crowded that we didn't get stopped as much as we usually do, which was nice. We went out to dinner Saturday night and the kids ate like little piggies. They are doing so good with their eating and I'm excited I won't have to pack a giant bag of formula and bottles when we go home next week. It will definitely lighten our travel load. Hope everyone had a good weekend and is ready for the Holiday Season!

Here is a pic of Jake and me on our way to the Christmas party!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh you will LOVE traveling without all the bottles and baby food! Now if we could all just travel without having to pack a case of diapers!

Leslie said...

You have a flat screen and a playroom! Some lucky kids!! I hope I get to brag about those two things in the new year. So fun!
Glad to hear the no bottles are going well. I am so looking forward to that!!