Monday, December 10, 2007

Oh the changes!

Alot has been going on in our house since the kids turned one. I know, I know, it's only been a day or two, by why waste time. First off, we got to flip their car seats around to forward facing! Hooray! This is probable the best news because you have no idea how difficult it is to get three kids out of car seats when they are facing backwards. Secondly, all of Carter's bubbas (pacifiers), went in the trash. He hadn't been using them but Jake and I kept them around for emergency purposes aka middle of the night screaming sessions. The kids are also eating more and more solid foods. They love pancakes, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, and green beans. We go to the doctor on Tuesday and are praying that he says no more formula! Financially that will be huge. Last but not least, the swings have been banished to the storage room. Now, the kids actually haven't swung in the swings since they were about six months old. They just sat in them like little baby recliners. Well yesterday we took them apart and now we are strictly crib nappers and sleepers. Last night was a little rough, with them trying to put themselves to sleep, but their morning nap this morning went really well. They played for a few minutes and then went to sleep with minimal crying! We're headed in the right direction. Being one is tough!

Here's a pic that has nothing to do with the post, but thought it was too cute not to share!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

that picture is so cute! Love the hats. I put the boys in hats any chance I get. Love your blog! I've got lots to catch up on. Every time I get stressed my husband always says...there are people with triplets! So true. You must be amazing.

Tiffany said...

Oh my gosh. Your trips are A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E! And I love their names. I keep thinking about all the pros of our girls turning one....no more bottles!

Tiffany said...

BTW, your boys wouldn't happen to be identical with a fraternal twin sister, would they? They look pretty identical to me. I have a friend who dropped three eggs and one split making quads (2 identical and 2 fraternal), CRAZY!!