Friday, December 28, 2007

What a busy holiday!!!

Well the kids "First" Christmas was a success. Way better than last years! We headed up to Tulsa on Saturday and went straight to "Johnson family Christmas." That would be my dad's side of the family. Grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, the whole crazy crew was there. The kids did great, I was afraid they were going to be tired and be cranky, but they were perfect little angels. Sunday we went to church with my parents and Sunday afternoon, we did Christmas with my mom's side "Witten Family Christmas". Grandparents, aunt, uncle, cousin. The kids opened their gifts from my aunt and uncle, which was some Disney movies and some diamond earrings for Ella. My aunt said that a baby girl has to have her bling. They are super cute! Monday afternoon we went up to Jake's parents of the "Gibbon family Christmas". That's Jake's mom's side of the family. We had dinner and it was fun to catch up with everybody. Then a very special visitor arrived. That's right, Santa made a pit stop in Talala, to see all the grand kids, all ten of them. He knew all their names and they all got to go over their list one more time. Monday night, we spent the night at my parents and got up early Christmas morning to open presents, "Johnson Family Style". The kids got a jungle gym/swing set from my parents to keep at their house when we visit. They also got swings for our backyard. No more walks all the way to the park for us. Yeah! Jake and I got a hammock and a pergola for our back patio that my dad is coming down to build in a couple of weeks. I also got a new watch since the one I am currently wearing is about six years old! Christmas afternoon, we drove back up to Jake's parents house and spent the rest of Christmas day with that side of the family. "Barron Family Christmas". It was loud, crazy but always fun. The kids got a playhouse from Jake's parents, so we are pretty stocked up on outside toys which will be so nice come spring. Finally, Thursday morning, we loaded the car up, Griswold style and headed back to Texas. It's a miracle we made it back with everything we got. Between us and the kids, Santa was very busy this year! Hope everyone had a great and happy holiday!

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

We got some of the same toys! :)