Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Does anybody know...

where I can purchase five more hours for the day? Anyone? The past couple days have felt super long, and yet too short to get all my stuff done. I have a pretty set schedule during the days and like to get everything done before Jake gets home so we can spend some family time together just playing. Well the kids are now taking breathing treatments every six hours. So three times a day, I have to sit in my little kitchen table chair, and hold each of these poor kids down for twenty minutes at a time. They actually do pretty well after the first few minutes and cooperate quite nicely. That's not the problem. The problem is, this adds like five hour to my day that I don't have. You have to set it up, put in the medicine, give the treatment, clean it out, and start again, twice. At least they are working. It would be a whole other rant if they weren't. I guess I should be thankful that this is the worst it has been for us. But I wanted to have a pity party, so there.

At least I get to cuddle them while they are taking their treatments.
(I don't have a picture of Ella yet, but hav no fear, I will get one)

8 comments:

Leslie A. said...

Sweet little babies! Hope they get better soon!

Lori & Family said...

I give treatments with the child sitting in the bathroom sink so they can look in the mirror and they sit still.

Ashhog said...

Poor things! I hope they get better soon!

Tiffany said...

What little sweeties. We just visited the Urgent Care last night with the twins. They sent us home with a neb for one of them...and I thought that was time consuming. But three.... I love your positivity!!

Jamie said...

Not sure how I came across your blog but I have been following it for a couple of months now. I really enjoy your posts it puts me in my place. I only have two and they are 2 1/2 years a part. I have a hard time with two. God Bless you with three.

Our 3 year old has been doing treatments everyday since he was 11 months. It's really hard to keep them still. Try putting a movie in. It helped us and was like a treat so he sat still. It's hard and time consuming. That worked for us and still does till this day.
Good Luck....

Anonymous said...

my youngest (2 boys 13 months apart) has been an asthmatic since 6 months old, I founded the toughest time was when he was 12-18 months because it was hard to give him his 4 hourly nebs and watch his brother. I did find books and the wiggles (we are from Aus and my boys loved them), worked great, I also managed to organise nebs around breaky, lunch and after nap time. We have finally at the age of three gone to morning and night nebs, unless his nose starts to run then we go back to 2-4 hourly depending on how he is doing. he has steroids every day (not great for his little body but they keep him from being a baby that turns blue (sorry if that freaks you out, he freaks us out often so life has been scary). with 3 I am not sure my routine will help you but do remember that as long as the basics are done and the kids have had their medicine, life will be ok and it won't last forever and one day you will look back adn wonder how you did it. My boys are about to start school and I can not believe the first five years of their little lives has passed.

good luck with it all

leonie

Collegegirl said...

Sweet baby boys are so cute! Feel Better soon!

Braden & Mason said...

hi, i have never commented on your blog before, but have followed it for a couple of months. your babies are soo precious and you and your husband seem like awesome parents. my youngest baby was put on the breathing machine a few months ago and absolutly hated it at first. don't worry, after a week or so they will get used to it. my now holds his own mask up to his face the entire time. he don't mind at all now. hang in there, it will get better!!