Monday, January 28, 2008

Home and Hernias

Well we are back home in Texas. The kids and I got back Sunday afternoon after a fun weekend in Tulsa. On Friday, I got to meet Henry Reed, the newest Barron baby. The count stands at 7 boys, 3 girls. I'm counting on Willie and Crissy to even the count out a little in the next few years! On Saturday, my mom and I ventured out for my "Birthday Day of Beauty". The kids were sick last week, which meant no sleep, and I look like I had been hit by a truck, so I was in desperate need of a day of beauty. It started off with a morning mani/pedi and a trip to Sonic. Then off the hair salon for a real haircut by a professional, I usually do my own but my mom decided that maybe a good trim was in order. I have to say it looks pretty darn good. We then grabbed a quick bite and shopped til we dropped. I ended up with brand new black boots, a bunch of tops, some new pants, and accessories to match my new outfits. I was so tired by the end of the day. I hadn't had a shop-a-thon like that since before I was pregnant, and I am way out of shape. When we got back to my parents house, I was asleep by six forty five, and slept til seven the next morning. I awoke feeling rested and pampered. The kids and I met my brother for lunch on Saturday in Norman, and then headed back home. The babies were very excited to see their daddy, so was I!

We had a doctors appointment this morning for Hudson. Our pedi thought he had a hernia, and he does. So we are having surgery in February for that with the great Dr. Bliss. He is the one who operated on Carter when he was so sick. Other than that, the kids are feeling better and are on the up and up. Hope everyone had a good weekend.

I leave you with this picture. I call it "Babes in Boxland". Get it, like "Babes in Toyland". I know, I know, I crack your stuff up! I'll be here all week ladies in gentleman!

5 comments:

Leslie A. said...

Not sure how I stumbled on your blog, but I have been keeping up with it and I have to tell you (I am sure you hear it all the time) that your kids are precious. I love multiples. I admire parents who can do it. what a fun way to grow up. With a brothers and sisters your same age. Hope the surgery goes well.

Melissa said...

Oh I am SOOOOOOO jealous! Not sure if I am more jealous of the day o' beauty or the 11 3/4 hrs of sleep straight! Let's see a pic of the hair when you get a chance. It amazing how a hair cut can make you feel like you have had a vacation sometimes! Glad you enjoyed your special day.

Susan said...

Hey girl! I was wondering how you posted your age counter. Im having trouble with mine. Talk to you later. Susan

Collegegirl said...

Glad you got to relax somewhat!!! You deserved a break!!! Hope this week goes well with the babies and they look soo good!!! They are getting so big as well!! Hope the surgery goes well!!!

Joy said...

Sounds like you had a WONDERFUL trip! I live for those trips to the salon! Post some pictures of that new hairdo!!!

I'm sorry to hear about Hudson's hernia...your family will be in my thoughts and prayers!