Tuesday, January 22, 2008

It's like I'm a drug lord

We went from taking no medicine, to taking all this, two or three times a day!


We take:

Tylenol - 1/2 tsp every four hours for throat and ear pain
Claritin - 1 tsp every morning w/ breakfast for allergies
Amoxicillin - 1 tsp twice a day with meals
Ear Drops - 1 drop in each ear every four hours for pain
Vicks - Smear across nose and chest every six hours
Chapstick - Their poor little lips are about to fall off
Benadryl/Maalox - 1 tsp every six hours for sore throat pain

That's all I do, is wander around giving drugs to my children. And the bad thing about it, most of it, there is nothing you can do about it. They're not contagious, so no antibiotics (except for the ear infections), they just have to let it run it's course. Thankfully, they slept really well last night, not surprising considering the Benadryl and Tylenol combo. I just hope they are better by Thursday morning so the ride up to OK is not miserable for them! I'm not missing my day of beauty!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, i have been reading for a whle all the way from Australia(not sure how i found you though), your three are just great, good luck with the ears it takes a lot out of everyone, hey just be wary with the benadryl and tylenol combo, but i have to admit i did anything for a nights sleep when mine were babies, hang in there..

Kim said...

Hi there! I have found yourt blog through another blog friedn of mine. Your trips are so incredibly adoreable!
I to remember these days of feeling like a "Drug Lord". I only have one but he had a lot of easr infections and I felt as though I as constantly medicating my child, it wasn't a good feeling.
Hope you are having a gerat day!

Tiffany said...

I meant to tell you, after reading about your upcoming trip to Tulsa, I went to ORU my first year of college. I really liked that city.

Ashhog said...

I found your blog through other blogs. I am a new mom of 2 month old twin boys. Your three are adorable and I hope they get to feeling better soon!