Sunday, January 13, 2008

What a difference a year makes!

One year ago today, we brought the kids home from the hospital. It was rainy and icy and Jake was scared to death to drive with the kids in the car. Fast forward a year, the kids are doing great! What's even weirder is that two years ago, my parents and grandparents came down for my birthday, and we told them we were trying to get pregnant and we had started Clomid. We were sitting at Griff's Hamburgers and I kid you not, my Poppa said, "You better be careful Jake, or you'll end up with three or four of them things at one time!". We all laughed and Jake said to not even joke about that. Little did we know! Funny how things work out.

On another note, Jake is out of town this weekend so my parents came down to help out with the kids. My dad set up the kids swing set that they got for Christmas and they absolutely love it! They just squeal and kick and they actually cried when we took them out to go inside. They will got alot of use out of them over the next few years. Hope everyone is having a good weekend, and if you aren't, here is pic of the kids to brighten your day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You certainly made my day happy, and every day you post. That's the first thing I do everyday when I turn on the laptop, I check out the kids to see how things are going. It makes me feel more a part of their lives. It's not like seeing them in person,but it's the next best thing. I love the blog. Your pictures and comments are great, keep up the great job! Love to all of you. Grand-grandma Lea

Jeannie said...

I WANT that swing set!!!

Cherie said...

J beat me too it. I LOVE the swingset. How cute.

Tiffany said...

Ohhhh..I WANT your weather. I have never disliked MN winter until this year. I WANT TO SWING, too. We can't wait until spring when we can all continue our morning noon and night walks. ;)

Tiffany said...

Ohhhh..I WANT your weather. I have never disliked MN winter until this year. I WANT TO SWING, too. We can't wait until spring when we can all continue our morning noon and night walks. ;)