Friday, February 1, 2008

Happy Birthday to.........

Me! That's right, today I'm the big two four. That's 24 folks. I guess you can officially move me from "early twenty's" to "mid twenty's" Yikes! Mid twenty's is where you go when you are getting close to thirty!! AAAAHHHHH! Oh well, I guess it happens to everyone. At least Jake will always be older than me! HaHa!

The kids had a pretty good day yesterday. They were a little cranky and didn't take very good naps, but they slept great last night, so that was good. I think today that I will treat them, and by them I mean me, to a little Sonic or Chik-Fil-A for a good behavior week. And tonight, we are going to my favorite place in the world, McAlister's. Hooray for sweet tea, no lemon.

This weekend, I am going to stay with my best friend in Dallas. She has planned a birthday night for me at some fun places. Jake has called in reinforcements and I will be departing the lovely abode on Saturday afternoon, and returning Sunday morning. I'm sure we will be going to some super trendy, super expensive place when we go out. But that's OK, I'm going to get to wear some of my new shiny clothes that are just hanging on their little wooden hangers, begging to be worn! We'll see how it goes! I'm a little nervous. I haven't been actually out, out, in quite some time. I hope I remember how to socialize with other adults. Note to self, don't mention the word poop. I think if I remember that, I'll be OK!

Here are some pics of the kids from my b-day last year. They were almost two months old!

The whole gang, not super happy about the hats!


Hudson was highly unimpressed.


Ella was quite angered by the whole situation.


Carter said "Just shut up so they can take the picture, then maybe they'll take off these dumb hats!"

10 comments:

Lauren said...

McAlisters is the BEST! Have a wonderful birthday, and have fun this weekend. You deserve it!!

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy every minute out with the girls. And don't even get me started about sweet tea no lemon from McAlisters! That is a gift in and of itself!

erin said...

Happy Birthday! Love the pics from last year..too cute!! Have a wonderful birthday weekend!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday my baby girl!!
Have fun on your night out.

I Love You!!!

Dad/Pops

Susan said...

Happy 24th! Dont worry about your mid twenties. Im already in my "almost 30's". YIKES! Have a good one.

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday! Love those pics...hilarious.

Joy said...

Happy Birthday!!! Enjoy your night on the town!!!

Ashhog said...

Happy Birthday! Have fun on your night away!

Cherie said...

You're "only" 24!!!!! Holy cow! I thought I was young. No wonder you look so awesome.

Happy Belated Birthday!! Hope you had a great weekend.

Jeannie said...

Happy Birthday!