Monday, February 18, 2008

New Wheels!

Well the kids got new wheels today. New strollers that is. They outgrew their first umbrella stroller we purchased and made back in October. So off to Babies-R-Us we went. I'm not quite sure why companies don't make triple strollers that are reasonably priced. Triplets are not as rare as they used to be and I know for a fact, buying a stroller for triplets is one of the hardest things to do, because they just don't make many. But I digree. I buy seperate strollers, and then Jake welds them together to make one. So for $200.00, I got all three kids a new stroller that has a weight limit of 55 pounds for each seat. That is huge. Most umbrella strollers are only to about 37 pounds each. The seats also recline so if one of them falls asleep, although highly unlikely, they won't be all slumped over and uncomfortable. So tonight Jake and I are setting out to make three single strollers, into one triplet stroller. Hopefully it will turn out as good as our other. Our new challenge, is how to get the back wheels to swivel so I can slide through doors and aisles at the mall. If we get that figured out, it will be perfect.

This was our first stroller invention. It worked great, but the kids are just getting too big! Look how short everyone's hair is, this was in October.


Our new wheels, a little more colorful than our last.


New five point harnesses ensure babies safety and comfort!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you guys don't know me, but I wanted to let you know that they do have stroller connectors. I have seen them at Babies-R-Us. Also I put two double strollers together with zipties and you just have to make sure that the back wheels are right next you each other and going in the same direction. I hope this helps.

Momma-of-5 said...

Seriously...your husband welds? I'm 1000% jealous. I mean, my husband is good...but not THAT good. Once it's welded together, can you still fold it?

And more importantly, will he weld 3 together for ME????

Rachel said...

wow what a talented man!! I never cease to be amazed at the things you guys do around your house! So many projects :-) Where do you find the time?!lol

Hilary said...

Your kiddos are so cute! I have been meaning to say Hi for some time now..I love to look at your blog and read your Mommy stories!! Something about triplets that fascinates me...3 the same age. Keep up the good work :)
Hilary
A Mommy of 2