Wednesday, March 12, 2008

15 month check-up

Well the kids had their fifteen month check-up yesterday. It was and I quote the Ped, "the best fifteen month check-up he's every done"! He said the kids are perfect. He said that most NICU and surgical babies are very leery of doctors. But our just sat in their little circle and read their little books and when it was their turn just sat on the little table and acted so big. Luckily they only got one shot too, and Hudson didn't even cry. Here are their fifteen month stats. They each lost two pounds from the last time we were there with their little stomach sickness we had last week, but doc says that's OK!

Hudson - 21 lbs (10%) 31 in (50%) 16 teeth
Ella - 23 lbs (50%) 31 in (75%) 16 teeth
Carter - 21 lbs (10%) 31 in (50%) 16 teeth
So overall, they are healthy and happy, a little skinny, but that's OK!

I'm not sure if it is the time change or all the fresh air the kids are getting but they have been sleeping until 8:30 every morning. They have always woken up at 7:15 like clockwork. So the extra hour is super nice, but my schedule is totally screwed up. We have been on the same schedule for about six months now and now I have to actually think about what we are supposed to be doing. I'm not going to get set on this one though just in case this is a fluke thing.

Jake is out of town this week so I am trying to keep me and the kids busy and give us a change of scenery. The weather is beautiful so we have been spending most of our time outside. I'm cleaning out one of our old flowerbeds in the back yard and trying to get that area looking decent and the kids have been trying to help. It is hilarious. They try to hold on to the rake and shovel so I'm going to try and get them little toy ones for our outside work time. Hope everyone else can get outside and enjoy the fresh air!

2 comments:

Jes said...

I wish I could get my kids outside to do clean up....if only it would stop snowing or torrentially raining we would be good to go! New England weather is crazy.

the schirano triplets said...

what a great 15 month appt! we got to go outside today for a walk and it was wonderful! of course, it was only 50 degrees, but so much nicer than being housebound!