Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Saddle 'Em Up

Well, I guess it would be more appropriate to say "Harness 'Em Up". That's right, we are officially owners of baby harnesses. Now before everyone freaks out, I did my research and they are perfectly safe, and not one bad review out of everything I looked at. They've come along way since when me and my brother wore them when we were little. They are now cute little backpacks that aren't ugly at all! I bought them yesterday and the kids really like them. It will take a little getting used to. We tryed them out yesterday, and it looked a little like I was walking dogs. They were all kind of going off in their own direction and bumping in to one another, but they got a little better as they went on.

Here's a pic of little harness wearin' cuties.



OK. let me explain. Jake has always been adamantly against harnesses. That was until we started seeing little kids darting away from their parents, with Mom or Dad frantically yelling and running after them. He was still a little leary, and then he told me he would just carry our baby all the time and then he/she wouldn't need a harness. Then he found out we were having three babies, not one baby. So he jumped on the harness band wagon. Our kids are getting old enough where they don't want to be in the stroller all the time. And I am only one person, with two hands. Two hands, three babies, it doesn't add up. Me and the kids like to go out to lunch and it will be nice being able to unload them from the van and not worry about one of them darting out in front of an oncoming vehicle or some sicko snatching them up. Let's face it, these kids are cute! Even if we didn't have three, I would buy one of these in a heartbeat. It doesn't matter how careful you are or how close you keep them, it only takes a second! So with that said, I will come off my soapbox and enjoy my harnesses!

12 comments:

Ally Thomas said...

I love those- where did you get them ? I wasn't a big fan of them either until I realized how easy it is for the kiddos to get away- my son doesn't always like to hold my hand when we are walking in the parking lot so I end up carrying him ( and my purse, his bag of essentials, groceries,etc. ) you get the idea...this would be great.

Barron Triplets said...

They are only nine bucks at Target!

ashleigha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ashleigha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matt and Amberly Collins said...

Hi,
I stumbled onto your blog about a month ago and have enjoyed reading it ever since. Your children are adorable! And I think you look a little like Paige Davis on TLC's Trading Spaces...she's one of my favorites, so that is definitely a compliment! One would never think you had TRIPLETS!

Anyway just wanted to post a comment on how adorable your children are. I'm glad you guys are feeling better.

Amberly

Momma-of-5 said...

LOVE the harnesses. I wasn't a big fan of them either, until I got pregnant when my daughter was 7 months old and she started walking at 9 months. We were in the mall once and a little old lady said to me, "how could you do that to your daughter...put her on a leash like that...she's not a dog!" Calmly, I turned to her and said, "would you like to watch her while I finish my shopping?"

Anonymous said...

I was never a big fan of harnesses either...until my middle child came along!! He is a runner and it is the only way I can be sure he won't run off. Sometimes he wants to hold my hand or hold on to the stroller like his big brother...I tell him that's fine, but he still has to wear his puppy harness. It has become a rule...no matter how short the distance, he has to have it on...NO EXCEPTIONS! I get some strange looks, but at least I know my kiddo is safe. I even made our 5 year old wear one at the State Fair last year.

Summer, Justin, & Blake said...

I know a mom of triplets who uses the harnesses and loves them!! They are so cute and so safe!! :) Precious kiddos ...

Anonymous said...

Pops says they look like cosmonauts all strapped in. You know how I feel about the harnesses and Uncle Arin will be very jealous because they are way cooler than his was. See you Saturday, Yia Yia and Pops

ashleigha said...

those harness are wonderful....i need to get one for my 4 year old...he is always running away. I deleted my earlier post bc I made the blog private...if you still would like to view it..let me know I will add you to the list.

Harris Boys said...

we have 2 as well and LOVE them. we have the dog and a monkey. the boys do great and I don't think its mean at all....very important to have with 2 or more babies!! love the pics!

Leonie form Aus said...

can't say I am a fan but honey you have to do what works, two hands and three kids, do what ever you need to do to keep your babies safe!

leonie xx