Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Due 12-12-08

Ok so I've got some explaining to do. Yes the tests are mine, and no it isn't twins, that we know of. It's still really early so we go back for an ultrasound in a couple of weeks. So let me start at the beginning.

Last Saturday, Jake the kids and I went over to our friends house to watch some basketball, we got back pretty late and we were all exhausted. We got the kids bathed and put to bed and Jake and I were hanging out on the couch talking. I was "late" again and started telling Jake that I'm going to go see my Doc b/c I don't like these pills. They make my stomach hurt, and don't make me "regular" like they were supposed to. Sorry maybe TMI. So he asks if I could be pregnant. "Of course not!" I exclaimed. But J insisted I go to CVS and get a pregnancy test. After much debate, I finally decided to go, what could it hurt. Well I get home and decide to go ahead and take it and get it over with. This was about nine o'clock at night and I know your supposed to take them in the morning but I wanted to get it done. Imagine my surprise when I instantly saw two lines. At first I thought I had it upside down or sideways of something, of course this test couldn't be positive. I have fertility problems, I need help to get pregnant! Well apparently not! God decided that it's time for "Quattro" to join our family. I rounded the corner holding the stick and Jake just looks at me and says "What? What? No your not. Are you pregnant? Holy S#^t, Are you kidding me". Nope this is not something you kid about my friend. So after a few tears, hours of silence, shock and disbelief, we have moved to really excited. It's still really early so we're still be a little cautious, but not to cautious I guess, since I just told the whole blog-oshpere. We'll just see what God has planned for us!

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! CONGRATS! I remember a few posts ago you were talking about missing all the baby stuff in your house! JINX! I pray that everythig goes great! God has crazy plans for some of us!

Jennifer said...

Congrats!!! 12-12 is my bday, so I think your due date is just great! Good luck with this pregnancy, I really hope that everything goes smoothly.

Brad & Alyssa said...

Congrats!! How exciting!!! I wish you two the best of luck. :)

Cindy & Brian said...

Oh my gosh that is AMAZING! Congratulations! I am soooooo happy for you!!!

Hilary said...

Wow!! God is Good!!! That is so exciting :)

Hilary said...

Wow, congratulations! I think God decided to let you know that you were wrong, and indeed you are not done with all the baby firsts', clothes, etc. God works in amazing ways and I'm sure you continue to discover that with this baby. On another note, I read somewhere that pregnancy sort of "resets" your reproductive system, so it is very possible that your pregnancy with the triplets "reset" your system and allowed you to have this child. This is why it seems like many parents have a surprise child after having trouble conceiving the first child or may have to go through fertility treatments after previously getting pregnant easily.

Jessica said...

Congratulations,What a blessing, a bonus baby!! I hear this happen to soooooo many people after going through so many struggles w/ infertility, they have their ivf/iui baby, then bam, get pregnant naturally. We went through infertility nightmare, then were blessed w/ triplets. We knew we were totally done, so my husband had a vascectemy 4months after the kiddos were born. We weren't taking any chances.

Good luck w/ your pregnancy, hope it's a girl to even out the score! You have beautiful kiddos. Nice blog.

Matt and Amberly Collins said...

SO I found you through a friend's blog and have been a faithful reader for some time now. I am so extremely excited for you!!! I just found out that I am expecting too...my first after many fertility treatments! I am due December 15, 2008. Maybe our babies will be born on the same day! Ha! Congrats!

triple trouble my journey said...

congratulations I am so excited for you...I secretly dream of one more but probably will not as we hav four already...so not really in the cards...but who knows...

adela

Summer, Justin, & Blake said...

Wow, congratulations!!! Such exciting news!!

Jeannie said...

holy crap!!!!!! wow lady! congrats! i can not wait to watch you go through this pregnancy.

Cherie said...

wow!!!

thank you so much for sharing this with us!

i'm anxious and excited for you.

Joy said...

Oh my goodness!!! Congratulations!!! How exciting for you and your family!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome news!! Congrats!

Collegegirl said...

CONGRATS!!! I think God did think it was time for a 4th! So happy for you!
~Elyse~

Anonymous said...

God sure has a sense of humor, doesn't he?

~Amber~ said...

Wow, congrats!!!!!!! This little one could come on the triplets birthday then?!?!?

the schirano triplets said...

oh wow, how exciting! congratulations!!!

Jessica said...

Congrats to you and your family. I enjoy your blog and love your sense of humor....your kids are adorable...

Kayla said...

Congrats. I hope the coming months pass without a hitch and ou have a wonderful pregnancy. Try to get some rest, if that is possible :)

Wendy said...

Wow! Congratulations! I can understand your shock! Same thing happened to us, except we had twins first, not triplets! It did seem that pregnancy "fixed" everything, though!

You're a great mommy, and will handle it wonderfully! The fun part will be pushing your triple stroller with your baby bump! People make the craziest comments, but I loved it! It's so fun to shock or overwhelm people who think because they couldn't handle it, no one else can!

Congratulations! I hope you have a wonderful and easy pregnancy. It's definitely different with a singleton!

The Melda Family said...

I am SO VERY EXCITED for you and your family! What exciting news! You were definitely meant to have this baby and I cannot wait to follow you on your journey! I am DUE on 12.10.08 so we can do this together! MANY CONGRATS AGAIN! :)

Ashhog said...

SO excited for you girl! I can't wait to follow your pregnancy!

Melissa said...

I think Jake's reactions pretty much sums it up! Congrats. I literally cannot even imagine! My husband was reading over my shoulder and said...see, it's not to early for more. Thanks alot! I can't imagine a 4th one as cute C, H & E!

Collegegirl said...

What a great, early Christmas present! Congrats!!!

Momma-of-5 said...

Congrats! I'm sure it's a little scary, but just enjoy it for now! I love the "Quatro" comment. I call my triplets 3,4 & 5 sometimes. 1 & 2 are generally "the biggies". Now your 3 will be "the biggies".

All the best,
Amy