Tuesday, April 22, 2008

It's the side effects that'll kill ya!

Well I'm here to say the pregnancy side effects have kicked in full force. The nausea, the puking, the sheer exhaustion, all of it! I'm nauseous pretty much any time that I'm awake but not throwing up as much as I was with the triplets. With them, I threw at least ten times a day from six weeks until about two days after I had them. It was terrible! My body though I had become bulimic and my hair was falling out in chunks. I'm praying that it doesn't get that bad this time. I only get sick two or three times a day this time around with "Surprise" and some foods actually sound good. I am eating chips and salsa by the pound and can't get enough. No matter the time of day, I'm lovin me some chips and salsa. Hopefully I will only have true first trimester morning sickness and not all day sickness for the entire pregnancy.

Onto the kids that are already here. They were much better behaved yesterday. They were back to their old selves during the day. It got a little dicey last night but not as bad as it has been. We went to Wal-Mart yesterday for our weekly grocery run and I'm sad/happy to say it is my last trip by myself with the kids. I can't do it anymore. They are getting too big to lug around. Fifty pounds of stroller, seventy five pounds and fifty pounds of groceries wore me out! That's alot of pounds and I have little arms. Upper body strength has always been my weakness. So now my trips to Wally World will be solo evening trips which I must say I'm looking forward too. It'll be nice not to get stopped sixty seven times being asked the same dumb questions. Well I will leave you with some serious cuteness from last week (before the kids turned into devil children).

I came into the play room to see they had taken the boxes off the shelf and were just chillin' watchin some Dsiney. (I know I'm a terrible Mom. I let my kids watch TV. Gasp! The horror!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh-so sorry to hear you are puking again with this one-has so hoped you could have skipped that part! Cant wait to see you all friday-give my babies a kiss! Aunt Paula

ps-jesse says go to you tube and watch "Charlie Bit Me"

Ally Thomas said...

Sorry you have been feeling so rotten...You might already know this, but I just learned this with my last pregnancy ( and wished I had known with my first two) peppermint and ginger are supposed to be good for relieving nausea- ginger as a tea or vitamin and either peppermint tea or the hard or soft candies. Cant go wrong with chips/salsa- Eat all you can!! Hope you feel better.

Hilary said...

Get to feeling better :) Hey it's ok to watch a little TV...they are so cute in their boxes :)

Collegegirl said...

Sorry you have morning sickness! Hopefully it will get better soon!!! Glad to see the kiddos are acting better. Get to feeling better.
~Elyse~

Ashhog said...

so sorry you are so sick! Hopefully it won't last the whole pregnancy-that's awful! Glad the kiddos are behaving better!

Momma-of-5 said...

Ugh...I feel for you with the morning sickness. But I'm glad to hear my kids aren't going to be the only ones that are messed up because they're allowed to watch TV.

Kayla said...

Hey TV never killed anyone. Especially Disney. You seem to be a wonderful mother. Congrats on the "Surprise", I hope you start feeling better soon. Take care of your precious 3 and soon to be 4 :)

Leslie said...

I've been offline for a week and just saw the news. We should email!!
My morning sickness didn't go away until week 18. I've been feeling great for the past 2 weeks. I really hope yours doesn't last that long.

Even though we don't know each other...it's good to know of someone else going through what we are...well sorda.

Anyway congrats!