Friday, April 18, 2008

Twister and Shout

Well we had a pretty crazy night around here. Not really a fun night but a crazy one. We had storms and tornadoes and hail and lightning. It sucked. Jake left yesterday for his annual golf trip with his college friends so it was just me, quattro and the trips. I gave the kids their baths a little early so they would be done by the time the storm came which was supposed to be here at 7:30. Well 7:30 rolls around and no storm and I've got tired babies. So I put the kids to bed and pack up a little bag to take with us to the bathroom in case this mythical tornado really does hit. At 7:45 the tornado sirens start going off so I look outside, huh, clear blue skies. Turn on the news, the storm should be here in five minutes. Get out of my PJ's race to get a mattress in the bathroom and wait. Five minutes later, still no storm. I'm very tired by now b/c I did not get my afternoon nap. The kids are finally asleep, and the doorbell rings, which makes the dogs bark like crazy, because no one ever rings our doorbell, and it's our neighbor and he wants to park his truck under our carport so he doesn't get it hailed on. Fine, sure, whatever. Now the dogs are barking the kids are screaming and still no storm. How annoying. So finally at 8:35, the rain starts. That's it, just rain and hail. I guess I should be thankful that it wasn't anything serious, but now I have a bathtub full of blanket and pillows with a twin mattress propped up against the wall. And I missed Survivor, Earl, Office, Lost and the first twenty minutes of Eli Stone. I love my Thursday night TV. Oh well, better safe than sorry I guess

The kids are doing great. We had a good day yesterday but I am so ready to get back outside. It has been warm but so windy it will just knock those little bodies right over. It is supposed to be nice this weekend so we should definitely get some outside time today. Well, time to make these babies some breakfast, I'll leave you with some cuteness!

The kids love to stand on their little boxes and stare out the window, all day long! Now if only I could figure out how to get them from banging on it?

8 comments:

Ashhog said...

Cute Picture! Storms have always scared the crap out of me (well-the tornado part of them) and even more so now that the boys are here. Glad everyone is safe at least-but I agree-it is SO annoying when the storms come through and we miss our favorite shows! :)

Ashhog said...

By the way...is there anyway I could get your email address? I have a random question to ask you!

Barron Triplets said...

Ashhog -
My email is:
lindsay_barron@hotmail.com

ashleigha said...

I left a message for you before and told you that you could check out my blog, well I made it private thanks to some weird-o . Can i send you a invitation to view my blog to your email you posted? I love reading your blog and seeing the many adventures with the triplets....Congrats on the new little one. That baby is truely meant to be. You will do wonderful with 4!!!

Barron Triplets said...

yeah that sound great

ccdean said...

Wow....out here in California we do not get storms like that, just earthquakes :-) You sound prepared, made me think, "hmmm, am I prepared for any kind of disaster....NO!" Better get on that. Congratulations on #4 on the way, my husband and I often joke about "what if I did get pregnant again....?" I can't imagine. Love your blog!
--Christy

Leonie said...

sorry but i see no photo!!!:( congratulations by the way, wow what a surprise for you. I don't have a blog but you can see me and my family on face book - leonie ripper, i hate just being a lurker with no identity so this way I feel it is a bit fair. oh photo has finally apperared they are sooooo cute Leonie

Barbara Manatee said...

My two love to stand at the window and look out. Anyone mentions a bird these days, and they beeline for the front window to look for one. A dog? Then they run to the back window to look in the yard for our 2 dogs. Funny! Congrats on your news of another one on the way. Good luck!