Thursday, April 3, 2008

Where have all the babies gone?

Last night, during our nightly TV shows, I drug all of the kids old clothes and shoes, blankets and accessories out. Their closet had gotten out of control! Needless to say, with three babies the same age, you accumulate alot of stuff. No hand-me-downs, no recycling, just three of everything and I mean everything!

So as I was going through their clothes and dividing them up and sorting them into piles (boys, girls or either), it hit me. We are done with babies. We aren't having any more and it just hit me. No more first smiles, no more first laughs, we're done. We won't ever again see the first step, or the first roll, or the first recognition of our voices, we're done. No more tiny baby clothes, no more swaddling up a baby extra tight and tucking him in for the night, we're finished. No more little babies.

Unless you have multiples, you may not understand. Most people have year after year of firsts, but with multiples, your done really quickly, too quickly. Now don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change having triplets for the world and I am so proud of what we have accomplished as a family over the past couple years. I know how fortunate and bless we are! But as I was packing down all of the kids things that will never be used again, I just couldn't believe, we're done with babies!

I should probably add, mostly for our families, no we are still not planning on having anymore so don't freak out and start calling. We're done, I promise!

So onto lighter things, the kids are doing great and they are off to Adventure Kids this afternoon, and I am off for a much needed pedicure. My feet need to get Spring ready!

Here's some pics of the closet. Mostly for my mom who is more obsessively neat and organized than I am! I used to think she was nuts, but I firmly believe God had her prepare me because he knew I would be having triplets. It is an absolute necessity to be organized with multiples.

The left side of the closet is for clothes, the basket on the bottom is for socks.

The right side of the closet is for all of the stuff we are getting rid of. All the big stuff is in the sun room.

The top rod is for play clothes/non-church clothes.
1. Dark blue and pink hangers are for park/play clothes
2. Light blue and pinkbhangers are for play clothes also appropriate for Wal-Mart/Target/Mall
3. Red hangers are for outings such as dinners or family gatherings

The bottom rod is for church clothes only on white hangers

9 comments:

Ashhog said...

I'm so impressed with the organization! Looks great! And I love the pictures of you playing with the kids in the post below. So cute!

Anonymous said...

Love the closet and thanks for the compliment (I think).
Mom, Yia Yia

Collegegirl said...

So impressed!!! I hope I can be that organized when I have kiddos.

Momma-of-5 said...

1st, let me say, that closet is IM-PRESS-IVE!

2nd, I feel for you with the first's thing. I've had 2 others and it's hitting me now, this is it. I totally can't believe it. We've always talked about having 4 (we got a bonus). But I invisioned that as 4 pregnancies...4 births...4 babies. But I'm not going to get anymore 1st's...=(

3rd, what's your plan with all that stuff? eBay? If you are getting rid...let me know! I've got BBG trips...so I'd love to hear what you've got.

Hilary said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Christenoff said...

Wow. I'm impressed with your organizing. And I happen to be a triplet myself. I wonder if I will have three when I get pregnant. God bless you in your endeavors.

Jeannie said...

you are crazy-organization-lady! :) and i mean that as a nice thing....Lord knows you need to be with triplets!

Karen said...

Look at all the other firsts you have coming.....first day of school, riding bikes, lost teeth. There are lots more to come:) I am having that "my baby is big", she is almost done with Kindergarten!

Stefanie said...

I think I could only dream of being organized. But maybe some of your ideas will help out with a new baby coming. I guess with triplets and a new baby that is the only way to be.