Friday, May 2, 2008

Back to normal....almost!

Well I'm glad to say things are finally getting back to normal around here. The kids are behaving like the little people I've grown to love and not the devil children that apparently inherited their bodies for a couple of weeks. They have picked up on a few new things as well. They are now all eating with their forks fairly consistenly. Every once in a while I'll catch a hand full of mac and cheese being shoved into someones mouth, but I'll take progress where I can get it. Their new favorite activity is climbing on the couch in the playroom. They play up there all day just sitting and being polite to one another. Oh sure, occasionally we will get into an argument over a toy and someone will inevitably take a header off the couch. But no major damage yet. Knock on wood. Here's a pic of the kids and their new favorite past time. Sitting on the couch after breakfast watching "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse".



As for me and Surprise, we are having a good day today. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday were really rough, but I have been awake for three hours now and have not gotten sick once! It's like a new world record for me! Jake the kids and I are going to the "Baylor NICU Reunion" this weekend. I'm so excited to see all of our nurses and doctors. We used to go up every few months but we haven't been since the kids first birthday, so it should be really fun to see everyone. Also, we'll get to see the new 65 bed NICU and the new Women's Hospital. They were building it when I was there with the trips and I was so jealous. Every day, I could watch out my window and see the progress. Now everything is done and it's awesome. I'm super excited to see everything on Saturday!

1 comment:

Collegegirl said...

Glad the trips are acting better! Have fun this weekend!
~Elyse~