Monday, May 12, 2008

He went to Jared!

OK, I know everyone hates those stupid "Jared" jewelery commercials, but I'll give 'em some credit, they've got some pretty nice stuff! Jake surprised me this Mother's Day with some brand new diamond stud earrings. The ones I've been wearing, I got for high school graduation. So after six years, Jake decided it was time for a new pair. They are gorgeous, and I love them. They are three quarter carat princess cut diamond studs. I was really surprised, we aren't really gift people. We're usually card people. I love me a funny card. So to get an actual present was really cool.

Sunday, we got up and went to church and then went for my favorite lunch. Sonic burger and french fries. Apparently, Sonic is not the most popular place for a Mother's Day lunch. We were the only ones there, haha! Give me a good drive-thru burger over a restaurant any day! After lunch we came home, the kids took a good nap and I laid on the couch and took in a ridiculously sappy Lifetime movie. All in all it was a great Mother's Day! Hope all the Mom's out there had a good one too!

This was before church on Mother's Day last year. The kids were about four and a half months old.

This is before church yesterday. Wow, what a difference a year makes! I don't know who looks like they changed the most, me or the kids. Sheesh, I look old and tired!

9 comments:

the schirano triplets said...

happy mother's day!

nsmorinville said...

You look wonderful, who are you kidding....I wish I looked as good as you after having 3 kids:)

Shelley said...

Oh my gosh! I found your blog on someone elses blog. We also have Barron triplets. They are 10 weeks old & just got our little girl home. We also have a 4 year old.

Collegegirl said...

Glad you had a good mother's day!
You are on sweet mama!!!
~Elyse~

Ashhog said...

You so do NOT look old! Hope you had a great mother's day!

Cherie said...

FWIW, you DO NOT look old and tired. If you do, then I must look like a grandma. =)

Happy Belated Mother's Day!!

Momma-of-5 said...

a) you don't look old b) IF you look tired...it's quatro's fault. c) I don't think you look tired.

Joy said...

Happy Mother's Day!! It looks like you had a wonderful day! And, you look fantastic!

Jennifer said...

I've been thinking about you all week! I watch the Today show 7-8am and they have been reminding viewers about New Kids being on the show tomorrow!! Don't forget!! (I'm sure that you too have seen their reminders every day, just thought I'd let you know that some random person is linking that with you! I hope that's not weird!!)