Monday, May 19, 2008

Merry Christmas in May!

OK, so we have had a crazy busy week/weekend! Jake's mom was in town for a visit on Tuesday and Wednesday, my aunt was in town Thursday afternoon, and then my parents were here for a visit Thursday night to Sunday morning. We had a great week with everyone and it was nice to have some help!

OK, so to the title of this blog. Jake and I got a pergola for Christmas from my parents. So my dad and Jake built it this weekend while my folks were down for their visit. We love it! It is so awesome! We also got all new interior doors which is huge, because for some reason, none of our doors or hardware matched. And more importantly, none of them shut. They stuck, and were really loud, but didn't shut all the way. So now they all match and they all shut! Woo-hoo, it's all about the little things! Here's some before and after pics.
Here is the porch/patio before

Here it is after! It is only half way painted, but I love it!


The kids also had a very busy weekend. Friday night we went to the Grand-Prarie Air Hogs baseball game. Saturday, they kept my mom and dad busy while Jake and I went to the Rangers game and a concert. I have a ton of pics and updates so check back this week for some major cuteness!

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

It looks awesome!!