Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Splish, Splash!

There was some serious splishin' and splashin' going on around here Sunday afternoon. We bought the kids one of those plastic pools from Wal-Mart, and they absolutely love it. They loved swimming in my parents pool last summer but since they're older, I didn't know how they would react. Welp, the reaction was good. They splashed and jumped and squealed for about 30 minutes. After that time, Jake and I were worn out so we called it a day. We have only got to get into once, since Jake is out of town this week, and I don't like things involving lots of water when I'm by myself, but I think our Memorial Day will be filled with sunscreen, floppy hats, and lots and lots of splashin!

Hud was not thrilled with the hat, but I calmly explained that we must protect ourselves from the sun!

Ella on the other hand enjoyed her hat so much we now wear it all day, everyday!

Carter often asks me, "Momma, does my giant scar make me look tough or what?" And I always say "Of course son, the ladies love a bad boy, but no tattoos yet!"

The Hud man forgot all about the hat once we got in the pool.

Miss Ell and her boats just enjoying a little float!

Carter was a little leery at first, but after he warmed up to the idea, he was a splashing maniac!

Surprise and I are twelve weeks today! And I'm proud to announce, drum roll please, I haven't thrown up in TWO WHOLE DAYS!!! That's right, two days of not choosing food based on what is easiest to throw up. Hooray! This might actually be a normal pregnancy after all, cross your fingers. We go back to the doctor next week to check on the little bean and see how he/she is doing.

7 comments:

Ashhog said...

Yea for not getting sick! Love summer days in the pool-we plan on having a lot of those! :)
Ashley

Katrina said...

That is great you haven't thrown up! I always hated that!!! And the kiddos look SO cute swimging!!!

Collegegirl said...

Have fun Splishing and splasing!
Stay cool!!!
~Elyse~

Matt and Amberly Collins said...

So I read your blog and I think I have commented before. I love reading about your adorable children and keeping up with your family. I am expecting as well and am due December 16th. I have been very sick as well, so I am hoping that in two weeks I have the "magic" relief you are having now. Just thougth I would tell you how much I enjoy reading about your family.

Anonymous said...

Linds, put some water in that pool! i don't think maybe a full 6-10 inches will kill them-they look very adorable in their swim gear-and love the pergala. hope the sickness is gone for good. love, aunt paula

Jeannie said...

where did you get their hats? do they leave them on or keep taking them off? (leave a message on my blog is you dont mind) :)

Cindy & Brian said...

Oh my goodness, the relief that comes when you STOP throwing up already - YES! I remember being SO GLAD when the sickness went away. Thank God! I really hope it stays away for you!!! I can't wait to hear about the next update on the 'little bean'. :)
I LOVE those hats!!!