Wednesday, May 7, 2008

This one's for you Dad!

OK! So I know I haven't blogged in a looong time so here goes. Everything is going pretty good around here. The kids are doing great and learning new stuff everyday. They have inherited my complete and utter love of dancing. We listen to music all day and just dance around like crazy people. At night time after dinner, we strip them down to their diapers, and that's when the real party starts. Naked dancing is way better than fully clothed dancing they think. Which scares their father to death, especially about Ella! Haha!

Here's some naked dancing from Ella and Carter.

We had a great weekend! It started out with our NICU reunion which was fun. We saw our nurses and one of our doctors and got to check out the new place where Surprise will be born. Pretty fancy. We also discovered that you can purchase those Frito Lay Cracker packs for thirty two cents! Thirty two cents people, that's cheap. Anyways, so the reunion was fun and Carter and Hudson ran around like crazy people. Ella proffered to be held by someone at all times. I tell ya, twenty five pounds of pure love gets heavy, quickly!

After the NICU reunion, we went to our friend Sam and Holly's lake house. We met them at Babies-R-Us, and they are having triplets at the end of June, hopefully. So we spent the day basking in the sun, while protected with sunscreen of course, and fun was had by all. There was another couple there who is having a little boy in just a couple of weeks. So the girls and the kids hung out in the backyard and watched the boys go out on the boat. The kids were so good and even took a really good nap at a strange house which is really rare. Sam cooked out for dinner and it was really good I'm told. I ate hot dogs with the kids b/c I'm having an aversion to poultry at this stage in pregnancy. After dinner we loaded up and headed home and the kids slept like champs, and three days later, there still sleepin' it off. I think they must be growing b/c they are sleepy alot more than usual. Oh well, I'll take a nap when I can get it!

Here's some pics from the lake fun this weekend!
The Hud man playin' a little fetch with the dogs

The giant blue ball was a giant hit with Huddy

Miss Ell just enjoying the simple things, a water sprinkler

Playin' a little baseball while holding a water bottle, now that's talent

Carter and my new favorite picture. He has the best laugh!

Carter playin' catch with the big ball

Jake, Surprise and I have a big doctor's appointment today. Our first ultrasound. Hopefully we'll be able to figure out exactly how far along I am. I'm praying that we're close to being done with the first trimester. I'm so over throwing up. My stomach muscles and my throat hurt. Bleh! Boo the pregnancy side effects. I know it will all be worth it in the end. I'll let you know tomorrow what the good doc says! Have a good day!

PS: Hope that's enough pics for you Dad!

6 comments:

Karen said...

You poor thing with the throwing up:( I had it till about 22 weeks three times. I had the poultry thing too, couldn't even cook it let alone eat it.I am going to guess girl:)

Ashhog said...

I love days at the lake! Hope all goes well with your appointment!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update baby girl.
Pops

Kelly said...

The kids are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lindsay!!! It's Claire, from Jenks!! Your dad gave me the link to your blog a couple weeks ago.. I have to say: your kids are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! It's been so long since I've seen you, but I stumbled upon a picture of us from the summer you babysat me like.. everyday.. anyways, next time you're in town i'll try to stop by and say hey!! I'm graduating this year.. crazy i know.. Well, hopefully see you soon.. and Congrats!!

- Claire

oh and p.s. - just to let you know.. the new fence at your parents' house looks awesome.. ;)

Hollee said...

We had a great time with Ella, Carter and Hudson at the lake. Soon we'll have seven little ones to watch (between the two of us)! WOW! We need to add a fence. :D