Friday, June 20, 2008

Four years ago right now,

We were so halfway to Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. Oh how I would love to see our little villa and our personal concierge. How I long to just stick a white flag in the sand and have a little waiter with his tray, come running, desiring to fulfill my every whim! Oh to have my toes in the sand! Oh well, I guess when the kids and I play in the sprinkler today, I'll just imagine the spray is from the ocean and not a water hose. And I can think I can find some dirt to stick my toes in and think it's sand. C'mon imagination! As for the white flag, I don't think the kids are quite old enough to wait on me yet, although they have learned to pick their PJ's up and put them in a pile for me. It's a start I guess!

Well our anniversary was pretty low key. I made a new dinner, tuna noodle casserole. It was a huge hit. It was so easy and the kids and Jake and me all inhaled it! The kids didn't even drop one noodle on their bibs! Jake also surprised me with Rascal Flatts tickets for Saturday night, I will be an official concert goer! I'm so pumped. I have never been to a concert of any kind before so this will be a first for me! I know I'm twenty four and have never been to a concert, it's a bit sad. But all of that will change Saturday! Hooray! Jake's parents are coming down to watch the kids and we are going to dinner and then the concert it should be super fun! I'll be sure to take a ton of pictures. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

5 comments:

~Amber~ said...

Um, I am 29 and have never been to a concert either. I am DYING to see Rascal Flatts too. I am so jealous! Hope you have a GREAT time!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

OH MAN! I am SO jealous! I love Rascal Flatts and they put on an AWESOME show!

Collegegirl said...

Have a great time!
~Elyse~

Melissa said...

We just went to see Rascal Flatts last Saturday here in Indiana. They were AWESOME!! Taylor Swift opened for them. Is she going to be with them when you go see them? Have fun!!!

Melissa said...

Ok, I love your video and i have attempted to post one from our trip to the zoo. I dont know where on blogger to paste it. Can you PLEASE help?? Hope you had fun at the concert.......