Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Great Adventure ...... Pt. 1

So the Great Adventure began early Tuesday morning at about 4:45am. I loaded up the kids and we headed to Tulsa. This leg of the trip was very smooth. The kids did great, I listened to my book, overall I give this part an A+. We got to Tulsa about 9:45am, and just hung out at my mom and dad's. We played in the backyard, ate some lunch and then the kids to a pretty decent nap. After my dad got home, we went swimming and the kids of course loved it. Hudson and Ella will now jump off the sides into the water and all three of them will stick their faces in and blow bubbles, too cute! Wednesday, it rained all day so we didn't do a whole lot. Jake got in about nine 'o clock and me and my mom went to pick him up. We decided that we would try to be on the road by 7:30am. Imagine our surprise, when the kids blessed us with a 5:15am wake up call. Seriously! They have never gotten up that early in their lives. So we loaded up and were on the road by about 6:45am. This is where it gets a little dicey. I gave the kids some medicine for the allergies and thought for sure they would instantly fall asleep. HaHa! Basically there was alot of screaming, whining, tears, and just overall crankiness. When we stopped for gas, we realized that all of them had wet through their diapers all over their clothes and their car seats. So we had to strip them down, change their diapers, and change their clothes, problem was, all of their clean clothes were in our storage container on top of our van. Luckily I found the clothes they wore the day before in the hamper and we made do. They had to sit on their pajamas the rest of the way, but it wasn't too bad. They did a little bit better after we stopped changed them out of their sopping wet clothes. We finally got to Table Rock Lake about 11:15, and went to Jake's parent's RV. We had some lunch and decided it would be a good time for a swim. So we got everyone changed and into their swim gear and loaded up the golf cart and headed to the pool. Too bad as soon as we got there, it started raining, so back to the RV we went. We got the kids changed and fed them a snack and headed over to the house they rented to get settled in. Nap time was long overdue for our three little darlings so we got their little beds set up and put them down. They fell asleep instantly. Jake and I unloaded the van in the pouring down rain and were going to get the house triplet proofed before the kids woke up. But, apparently, they decided a quick little thirty minute cat nap was all they needed. So needless to say, the rest of the day went downhill at a rapid pace. They were so whiny, cranky, and just plain angry at times. Once everyone else got into town, everyone came over and the guys grilled out. The kids were still at a ridiculously high level of crankiness, and I had to excuse myself to go downstairs and cry. Mind you, this was the first time I have cried b/c of the kids in a really, really, really long time! There was just no making them happy, and nothing makes you feel more incompetent than three small screaming children while your entire family is there. I pulled myself together, and we got the kids fed, bathed and put down to sleep, just knowing that they would sleep for days b/c they were just so exhausted. Welp, the boys proved us wrong again. They were wide awake at 1:15am, so Jake and I put them in bed with us, which was an adventure in itself b/c these children never sleep with us. We finally were able to catch a few hours of sleep here and there.

Jake and his dad and his brothers left early to play golf on Friday, and luckily the kids were in better spirits that day. After breakfast, me, the trips, Jake's mom and one of my SILs and her three boys, went to this little antique shop and then out for some Mexican food for lunch. The kids stuffed themselves with chips, salsa, guac, enchiladas, beans and rice, and were ready for the trip back to the cabin. We got lost on the way back which added about an hour to our trip, but the kids slept the entire way, so that was fine by me, that was the best nap they had all week. When we got back, the boys were close behind and the whole crew went swimming at the big pool. The kids had a great time and I got some much needed sun and relaxation while the aunts and uncles and grandparents took turns with our little ones. We decided to lay low and order in pizza b/c we had a jam packed Saturday ahead of us. OK, so that was the longest post ever, so here is what you guys really come for, the pics. Come back tomorrow where I will interrupt the Great Adventure posts for the BIG ultrasound news about Surprise. Don't forget to vote!

Playing at my mom and dad's on their playset

Swimming at Yia-Yia and Pop's pool

Jake, his dad, and two of the three brothers at "Branson Creek" golf course

Huddy and Jake takin a dip with cousin Jack

Me and the Ellster

Carter and Granna (Jake's mom)

Miss Ell and Poppa (Jake's dad)


Collegegirl said...

Sounds like you had a great adventure. 1am is very early and I am surprised that they stayed up that late! Glad the day after was better!

Cheryl Lage said...

My gosh, from the looks of the photos you all had a GREAT time!
(The three-way floatie pic is too fun!)

Glad to have found your blog!