Monday, July 21, 2008

The Great Adventure.........Pt.2

So after a couple of rough and rocky days Thursday and Friday, I was praying for a nice, enjoyable Saturday. We all decided that we were going to "Dogwood Canyon". DC is a bike trail in the middle of a bunch of hills and trees and waterfalls and trout streams. They rent bikes with those baby carriages that you tow behind. Mind you, there were eight adults and seven children that needed to be towed, we were quite a site. And that was minus Jake's oldest brother, his wife, and their three kids. I don't know if we could have done it if everyone was there! I was a little nervous, b/c first of all, I haven't rode a bike in about fifteen years and then I'm twenty weeks pregnant and now I'm dragging a child and two diaper bags. Jake had Hudson and Ella and I had Carter on the first leg and then I took Ell and Jake had the boys on the way back. It was alot more fun than I had expected. My legs were killing me, but we had a ton of fun. The scenery was beautiful and the weather was great! We rode a total of four miles. I don't know if the distance of our ride or the fact that Jake and I could both walk after the ride was a bigger miracle!
Here's some pics from our Dogwood Canyon family ride.
Huddy and Ella gettin' ready for a ride with Daddy

Carter is a little nervous to be behind my bike!

Some of the beautiful scenery

Our little fam at the half way waterfall

The whole crew! (Minus the oldest brother and his wife and three kids)

After the bike ride, we stopped at the little cafe for lunch. I was a little leery because they had no highchairs. That's right, we have three children who have never sat at a real table to eat and not a highchair in sight. But you know what? They did AWESOME. They sat there, in their big people chairs, ate their little hot dogs and chips and drank their little cup of tea and not one person fell or tried to escape. I was so excited! After lunch, we loaded up the car, and headed back to the cabin for a much needed nap. We got back let the kids run around for a little while and then they finally took a decent nap. About an hour and a half. We had a big night ahead of us so I was glad they slept well! Come back next later for our greatest adventure on this trip, "Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede"!
Look at those big kids sitting at that table!

The Hudster enjoying a nice glass of iced tea after a long bike ride

Miss Ella being a big helper trying to give Carter his cup

OK, seriously! Could Carter look any older in this picture!

2 comments:

Barbara Manatee said...

The bike ride sounds fun! We had hoped to buy one of those bike trailers last summer, but it was already sold at the garage sale I heard it was at. :-( Looks like a fun trip!

Collegegirl said...

Looks like the kiddos are growing up. Carter looks like a three year old in the last picture. So cute!
~Elyse~