Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Great Adventure......Pt.3

So after our bike ride Saturday, the kids took a really good nap, which was good. Because Saturday night, the entire crew headed out to "Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede"! If you don't know what that is, it is a dinner theatre show that divides the ampitheatre into North and South, and the two sides battle to see who wins. They do audience participation games and things like that. It is also like a mini musical, with trick riders and steer, and dancing indians, and birds, and fireworks, and singing and dancing. I was slightly nervous, OK terrified! I told my SIL, if the night was not a disaster of epic proportions, it would be a success. It was dark and loud and crowded and I just didn't know how the trips would do. Well let me just tell you, it was probably the best night, I have ever had as a mom. The kids danced, and clapped and cheered, and waved their little flags. They had the time of their lives. They couldn't even eat they were so into the show! There were several times that I actually teared up watching them. The best part, was the very last song, they bring out all the horses and riders all lit up in red, white and blue and Dolly Parton sings this song about being proud to be an American and the kids were waving their hands and yelling and clapping, I loved it!It was my first time at the show, but to see it through them, watching them experience something for the first time, was UNBELIEVABLE! I can't wait to take them back. The whole ride back to the cabin, they were waving their little Northerner Flags, and wearing their little coon skin caps, and just laughing and giggling. It was awesome. You weren't allowed to take pictures in the show, so I just have the ones from the ride home!
Huddy and his flag. Go North Go!

Miss Ell and her coon skin cap

Carter man waving his little flag with all his might!

The eight hour trip back to Texas went pretty smoothly. We stopped every two to three hours. To change diapers and let the kids eat a snack and take a little break. We finally made it home about six 'o clock Sunday night and the kids could not have been happier to be back in their little playroom. They played for two hours without a peep, and then slept great. So all in all, I think our first family vaca was a success. I can't wait for the next one, and we'll have little Charley with us too!


Collegegirl said...

Glad they did so well! Sounds like a MAJOR success! Love the new picts!

Jessica said...

I so relate to you about the tearing up while watching them. I do it all the time. It's the best part about being a mom.....seeing the wonder in their eyes, and the excitement!!!! Glad you had such a great time.

Anonymous said...

tell ms ell she is not the only one to have the hat-we brought jesse one back from alaska-looks like they had a blast-love the boys waving the flags-give them all a hug-aunt paula

Barbara Manatee said...

How fun - not just the show itself but seeing your 3 enjoy it so much! Glad the trip home went well and the trip was a success!