Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Not a good week, so far!

So this week has not been our smoothest. Sunday after we got back from Tulsa, Hudson puked up his entire lunch all over the playroom floor. The other two were not acting themselves but no throwing up. So Monday comes along, we are super cranky, super tired, won't eat, won't play, they just want to lay around and lounge. Fine by me, so our menu consisted of crackers and Pedialyte since at this point, they all have diarrhea. Tuesday comes, "Surely today will be a better day", I tell myself. I got up early to go to Wal-Mart before the 100 degree temperatures hit for the twentieth day in a row, and I'm not feeling too hot. I proceed to throw up in the parking lot, which was pleasant for the bystanders I'm sure. I get home, the kids and Jake are still asleep so I crawl back into bed for a little rest but am quickly awoken by the urge to throw up again. Lovely, so my "morning/all day sickness" is back, and has been since last Friday. OK, fine, whatever. So I get the kids up and ready for breakfast, no one eats, and Carter pukes. No problem, give him a bath, change his clothes, they go about their day playing. I was supposed to go to the doctor for my appointment that I had to change last week, and quickly realized, there was no way. So I call the doctor change my appointment, and call Adventure Kids and cancel our reservation for the day. The kids go down for a morning nap, surely they will awake rested and feeling perfect! But alas, we ate no lunch and were still rather whiny. So after a little play time they went back down for a nap, and a little tiny dinner, and by tiny I mean a few bites of Pancakes and one peanut butter cracker each, then it's time for baths and bed. It all seems to be going well, until we hear a familiar cry. You know the cry, the one that says I either just pooped or threw up all over myself. So Jake and I go in and sure enough, Carter threw up all over himself. No prob, a quick bath, a change of clothes, and change of sheets a cup of Pedialyte and back to bed he goes. Jake and I crawl into bed, at this point I'm so tired I can barely function and we hear "The Cry", from Hudson this time. We can smell it before we even open up the door, yep, all over the place. His cries wake Carter who throws up three times, before I can get Hudson stripped down. So I throw Hudson in the tub, get him changed, Jake strips Carter and both the boys beds down and gives Carter his fourth bath of the day, he is no super squeaky clean. I wipe down the beds give them clean sheets, a drink of Pedialyte and after half and hour of crying they both fall asleep. Poor Ella just sat so patiently while the boys were being taken care of, not letting out a peep, just takin' it all in.

So this morning, so far, has gone better. I stuck with half Pedialyte/half juice and a few Kix for their morning breakfast, which no one ate. Fine by me, no eating, means less messy puking. We ran a quick errand to Kohl's because the house smells like sour sickness and I think everyone needed a break, and so far no one has pooped or puked, yet. The key word being yet. I'm praying that we're done with all that messiness. As I type, the are playing in their playroom, and so far everyone seems to be in a pretty good mood. No pictures today, I don't think you want to see what went on the past couple of days, Yuck!

6 comments:

Gibson Twins said...

Oh I hope everyone is feeling a lot better today! It's no fun to be sick. Adding in the awful heat lately, I can't imagine how you're doing it!

Melissa said...

Sooooo sorry! Those kind of weeks are the worst! That cry in the middle of the night is never a good sound...especially when it come from two of them! Thank goodness poor Ella was spared. Hang in there and hopefully this weekend it will cool down so you can open those windows and air out!

Jessica said...

Oh I feel for you, and you have 3. We just got over pneumonia, strep, 105 degree temps.....!!!! What is that! Pneumonia in the summer, and 2 weeks of sick kids I could scream...blood work, chest x rays, prescriptions.UGH! I hope for better days ahead for you. Hang in there

Barbara Manatee said...

OH no! Hope you're all on the mend now. I had a sinus infection last week and I thought that was bad...but I'll take that over a stomach bug! Hang in there!

Cindy and Brian said...

WOW! That's tough! I am hoping for puke free days for all of you and I hope everyone feels good again really soon.

Whitney said...

We had this happen a few months ago and it was 13 days before nobody threw up. I am sending thoughts your way for a much speedier recovery!