Thursday, September 4, 2008

First Day of School

*Updated* The pics are now at the bottom of the post!

Well, the kids had their first day of "school" yesterday. It is a church pre-school program down the street from our house. They loved it and their teachers said they did unbelievable! Carter and Ella had a few tears in the very beginning, but calmed down after a minute or two. They played hard, colored well, ate a good lunch and went to sleep on their little nap mats within two minutes. I was a little nervous about nap time, because they only nap in the confinement of their little cribs, but the teachers said they laid down and went right to sleep, so I was way happy. So all in all, I guess I can say it was a success.

As for the rest of the week, it has not gone so smoothly. The kids and I made our way home from OK on Monday and the trip went well. The kids slept great on Monday night so I was pretty excited for the rest of the week. Well Tuesday comes, and it starts off really well. The kids and I went to Wal-Mart to stock up for the week and the kids did great. We played outside for a while, ate a good lunch and then it was time for a nap. The kids slept great, but woke up super cranky, and that's when it all went downhill. It was too hot to play outside so we had to stay inside and confinement is never good. Jake had to work late so as I was getting dinner ready, both sinks started to fill up with water. Nasty, dirty water. Then, the dishwasher filled up with water. So there is dirty water pouring onto the floor, cranky kids and I've got not a clue what to do. Jake started work on it as soon as he got home and we have temporarily fixed the problem. Everything is now draining to the outside of house, which is probably not enviromentally friendly at all, but desperate time call for desperate measures. So the kids got to bed about fourty-five minutes late, but they got their much needed baths. So I get everything packed and labeled for school today and go to bed early knowing I was going to get up to make sure everything was in order for our big day. I wake up shower, get ready and come to the kitchen to make breakfast and make lunches and the refrigerator is totally not working! Nor is the freezer. So everything is hot and ruined. Too bad I had just been to Wal-Mart and stocked up for the entire week and had to throw everything away. Luckily peanut butter, bananas, and fruit snacks, do not need to be refrigerated. So all was not lost, just our fridge! I got the kids off to "school" and spent the rest of the day doing laundry and ironing. Oh the fun life of a mom!

Here's some pics of the kids on their way to school! They looked too cute and are absolutely obsessed with their lunch bags, which Huddy affectionatly calls his "Nak-Pak". That's "Snack" and "Bag" combined for those who don't speak Hudsonese.

The whole crew looking especially excited on this early morning

Hud-man waitin' for his nak-pak

Miss Ell posing and lookin' pretty

Carter is thinking, "Seriously, it's 7:30 in the morning, do we really need pics!"

The gang waiting at the door with their much loved nak-paks

6 comments:

Collegegirl said...

Goodness me! Sounds like a bumpy week! Glad the kiddos did great in school!
~Elyse~

Barbara Manatee said...

They look so cute, all coordinated and with their 'nak paks'! Since I still work full time, my two go to daycare there and I am amazed at how much they are learning already there! I love the days when I walk in and they are engrossed in an activity and I can just watch them for a minute before they notice me. so cool! Obviously they will learn lots and the socialization will be great too!

Good luck with all the other issues - goodness! That's a lot for one week. hang in there! Hope you and baby are doing well!

Collegegirl said...

PRECIOUS, just PRECIOUS!!!
~Elyse~

Momma-of-5 said...

I can totally eat them up!

Hilary said...

So cute! Glad they liked pre-school..the flood sounded horrible..hope all is fixed! Have a super weekend :)

Troy said...

Carter is the man, cant wait to see you guys again.