Monday, September 15, 2008

Happy Monday

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Things were pretty laid back around here. Saturday it rained all day b/c of Ike, so we just sat inside, played with the kids and watched football. I did get to go get a mani/pedi and make a quick Wal-Mart run in the morning. While the kids took a nap, I took a nap and Jake did some work outside. We had some yummy pizza for dinner and then we were primed for some Sooner Football. Here's some pics from right before the game Saturday.

"BOOMER!"

"SOONER!"

"Of course the Sooners are #1, don't you see my finger?" - Huddy

"I'm gonna dominate this slide, just like the Sooners are dominating the Huskies" - Miss Ell

"I don't have anything to say, I'm just cute, so take my picture lady" - Tarter-Man

Sunday, Huddy woke up with the green snots so I decided church was a no go. So we just hung around the house instead. We played and played and then it was time for lunch and a nap. After nap, the kids helped me bake some cookies and then we went outside to play while Jake grilled up some dinner. They played in their swings forever and then it was time for dinner. After dinner, we played a little bit more and then it was time for baths and bed. After the kids were down, Jake and I put Charlie's crib together! Hooray! I didn't really get to do anything with the triplets room, other than pick the stuff out, so I am really excited about doing Surprise's room. We got the same crib as the ones we already have, and that way, when the boys all share a room (way later on down the road), their furniture will all match. Here's what it looks like so far. All the big stuff is done, just the little things like curtains and bedding left.

The daybed - we will have different bedding (sheets and comforter), I just haven't picked it out yet

The changing table - this is the same one that was in the kids room, we just moved it over since we have one in the playroom now

The crib - I'm going to get the mattress this week and then all we'll need is a baby to put in it!

Here is the fabric that I picked for both of the nurseries. The curtains in both rooms will be the striped fabric with chocolate brown buttons on the tabs, and all of the boys frames above their beds with their letters will be done in the striped fabric too. Miss Ella's letter frame will be done in the floral fabric, and their will be a matching quilt/throw made for each of their rooms (for the day bed in Charlie's room, and for our reading mat in the big kids room). They will all have the blue/green/chocolate brown polka dot sheets, and then when we move the triplets to their toddler beds, we'll get them a coordinating bedspread with the fabrics some how worked in. I'm way excited to see it all done, I think it will be too cute!

6 comments:

keely and andrew said...

I LOVE that fabric! Can't wait to see pics of the finished product!

Jennifer said...

I absolutely love that fabric!! Where did you get it at?

Collegegirl said...

I love the fabric! Can not wait until the finished project is showed!!!
~Elyse~

Barbara Manatee said...

I, too, love the fabric! Esp the polka dots!! It will look so cute! Glad you're getting to do more this time around with getting the room together. We haven't done anything yet for our babe's room...we need to finish our basement first! Hopefully soon!

Annie said...

I like the fabric, it's beautiful. The room is going to look precious.

Annie
http://santiagotwingirls.blogspot.com/

Jeff, Lauren, Graham & peanut said...

i LOVE the fabric selections!! Where did you find them?!?!
Way cute!!!
Don't over-do it getting everything ready!! We want Charlie to cook a little longer!!!!