Monday, October 20, 2008

And the award for Bad Blogger goes to.......

ME! I know, I know, I've done a terrible job this month of posting. Don't worry though, I have compiled a list of excuses as to why I haven't been keeping up!

Excuse one, we have had a super busy week around here. It was one of those weeks where the more you try to get things done, the more you find more that NEEDS to be done. Oh sure it starts innocently enough, you clean out a drawer here, organize a shelf there, and before you know it, you are in full force organizational/cleaning mode. I think some might call that nesting. You should have seen my hospital room with the triplets, way-too organized! So anyway, that's excuse number one.

Excuse number two. Why is it that everything around our house keeps falling apart. First the refrigerator, then the air compressor, the kids DVD player, and then the kitchen sink. The handle broke a week or two ago but it was still functional. We are putting in a new sink and counter tops over the next couple weeks and we were trying to wait until then to get a new faucet. Well, Wednesday night, it decided it had had enough. We were doing baths, (yes we are still doing baths in the kitchen sink, don't get me started that's a whole other post!) and as I'm rinsing Ella's hair, the water starts spraying everywhere from way down inside the faucet! I mean everywhere. And of course it had to be on the kids with all the hair, so Jake was filling a cup and I was dumping it on Ella's hair, she was crying, the boys were screaming, all in all it was just a mess. So we got the kids down for the night and Jake made an emergency Lowe's run. Two hundred and fifty dollars, a couple hours and a Home Depot run later, we have a beautiful new facet that looks totally out of place in our current kitchen. Oh well, at least it's functional.

Excuse number three. Apparently, I'm pregnant. Just this past week, I have really started to feel pregnant. He is getting big enough that my ribs are killing me. It happened with the triplets, but it happened at about 18 weeks, and I though for sure it wasn't going to happen this time. Now I know in my head I was way bigger than I am right now the first time around, but I feel absolutely massive! In my mind I know I'm smaller but I just can't convince myself! Jake constantly reminds me that I did absolutely nothing the last five weeks of my first pregnancy except lay in bed and take a shower every other day. Makes sense, I am SLIGHTLY busier than I was the first time around! HaHa!

Excuse number four. Uh this baby is coming in less than a month! I though we were totally ready and then I remembered all the stuff we gave away or got rid of. Bath tub, car seat, receiving blankets, pacifiers, burp cloths, etc. All that fun stuff I got at showers the first time around and organized when the kids were in the hospital. And this time around, I have to pack a hospital bag for myself and Charlie! Last time, I had five or six sets of PJ's and that was it, we got everything else after the kids were born. The nursing bras, the pumping stuff, the nursing tops, clothes to wear home. Ahhh! There's so much! Charlie's bag is totally packed and ready to go. I have all my stuff packed (toiletries, PJ's) except clothes because it might still be eighty degrees like it is this week, or it could be forty, so I'll have to wait until we get a little bit closer for all that stuff.

OK, if that isn't enough excuses for you, I don't know what to tell you. I promise I have a bunch of posts to do, including the kids first college football game, the kids discovery of our dogs, my big helpers, the kids first picture day at school, and much, much more! Oh, and lots and lots of pics! But here is one to hold you over 'til tomorrow!

The crew on their way to school last week!

3 comments:

Following Him said...

Glad you guys are surviving. The kiddos are so cute on their way to school. Looking foward to the posts later this week. Loved the excuses.
~Elyse~

Momma-of-5 said...

FYI...we're moms of triplets, we SO don't need excuses.

Momma-of-5 said...

...and I mean that in a nice way...