Monday, October 6, 2008

Operation; Big Kid Beds

OK, so this weekend was a big for the kids. They are twenty-two months old and while no one has ever escaped from their cribs, I figured it was only a matter of time. So I decided to conduct a preemptive strike before those little monkeys figured out that you can actually climb out of those cribs. So, Saturday morning, we loaded up and went to buy bed rails. Their cribs convert to toddler beds so we took the sides off and put on the bed rails. The first test would be nap time. I was TOTALLY dreading it. I had heard such horror stories of kids tearing up rooms and never sleeping again, but you know what, they did absolutely perfect! They laid down after only being told once, and went right to sleep, not one escapee. So when it came time for to go down for the night, I thought, "OK, this time is gonna suck, they will have figured it out by now." But nope, they laid right down, and slept through the whole night without a peep. Sunday was more of the same. I must say, I am highly impressed and kind of feel bad for thinking of how terrible the kids would be. It will definitely make my life easier after the C-Section next month, and now when we go stay with my parents, they won't have to cram into their little portable cribs. Hooray! So it was an awesome weekend, and of course the Sooners won so the non-crib escapees were just icing on the cake!

After the Sooner's victory, and a good day of being big kids we had naked play time. The kids are hilarious when they play and wrestle together!

Since we couldn't make it to Spain this year for the "Running of the bulls", we decided to have our own version here in TX; I give you, "Running of the Naked Babies".

Poor Miss Ella usually gets the short end of the stick. She is substantially slower than the boys and they take full advantage.

10 comments:

Gibson Twins said...

Awesome on the big kid beds! I hope our transition goes that smoothly! I am determined to wait until absolutely necessary to take down the cribs- unlike yours, mine WILL tear apart their room.

PS- love the duct taped diapers! We had to do that too starting about a month ago :)

Momma-of-5 said...

When we're ready to move to big kid beds, I'm having your gang over to give mine lessons!

p.s. Had NO idea that was duct tape until I read the comment above me. I was wondering what it was. =)

Barbara Manatee said...

Congrats on the successful transition! We aren't planning on moving ours to toddler beds yet, but am hoping the transition goes smoothly as they are used to sleeping unrestricted on their cots at day care and do great there. Hopefully they'll do just as well when the time comes (good idea though to prep for less lifting after the c-section though...might have to keep that idea in mind!

Annie said...

Congratulations, on the big kids bed. My husband and I bought the toddlers two beds in May but it was until July when the first bed was used. At this moment just one of the girls sleeps on the bed and the other one in her portable crib. I hope she uses her bed soon.
We still have to work with that.

Annie

Jeannie said...

that is so cute!

MEGAN said...

Maybe since they are so young, they just obey all the rules?

Either way, it's good for you!

Following Him said...

Glad they are doing great with their beds! I am very impressed!!!
~Elyse~

Jessica said...

Ahhh, the duct tape days. I remember those all to well. In case you're interested, they make duct tape in white. Looks much better in pictures! :-)

Hilary said...

So glad the bed thing has worked out..that's great!!! They are getting so big... :)

Heza Hekele said...

The duct taped diapers...hilarious and brilliant! Why didn't I think of that?!