Thursday, October 30, 2008

Repeat after me......

It will get better, it will get better, it HAS to get better. So Monday started with a night of on and off sleep and a horribly traumatic event involving a Babies-R-Us shopping cart and Huddy's head. I won't go into detail since it still makes me cry and sound like the worst parent ever! Then that was followed with more no napping and no sleeping. Tuesday was decent, we went to the park thinking surely that would wear them out, but still no napping that day and no sleeping that night. Wednesday, though, was school day. So that means four hours all to myself. Well the four hours is quickly forgotten as I pick the little ones up from school and Hudson procceeds to throw himself on the ground as soon as we step in the door to the house and cry and throw fits off and on for the next four hours! Hooray! That was followed by less sleeping from Hudson but a good night from Ell and Carter. So needless to say, we are going back to the doctor today. There has to be something wrong. He is still digging at his right ear and it smells terrible, gross I know. And I can not get this kid full. He ate three cinnamon rolls, a big cup of juice, and two packs of fruit snacks for breakfast this morning and still wants more. Yesterday it was two waffles, a banana, and three packs of fruit snacks. I'm tired and I need someone to tell me that, yes there is indeed something wrong and we can fix it. I love these kids more than you could, and wouldn't change my life for but at times you can feel totally worthless when you have a screaming child that you can't calm down. Here's a pic of the kids yesterday before school in their Halloween shirts. This is how Huddy looks 98.7% of the time that he is awake.

8 comments:

Following Him said...

I wish I could fly in there and tell you everything is going to be ok. It is just a phase. But I can not. Hopefully the doctor will find something wrong for your sake.
Hang in there!!!
~Elyse~

Jessica said...

Oh they look sooo tired. Hopefully it is still something with the ears and it will get better. My son was up EVERY hour ALL night long for almost two years. I am not kidding! Every hour he woke...it was crazy...so I feel for you! He is the BEST sleeper now...but it is tough. You need sleep, especially pregnant. Hang in there...everything will get better!

Anonymous said...

Have you considered putting the cribs back up? Sometimes a step back is really a step forward. =)

jsiewert said...

oh i hope it's just an ear infection and it can be fixed easily. they are to precious and i cant wait to see the newest member of your family.

Angela said...

I feel your pain! We moved my twin boys out of their cribs this summer and they did great the first 2 weeks, then all of a sudden...bam...waking at 4am...napping 30 min. (if at all). It was horrible! We tried everything and finally we put blackout curtains on the windows so they could see no light (I mean NO light, we even tacked it in the wall!) and we threatened to put anyone who got out of their bed into the "naughty bed" which was a pack and play in the guest room! That was the trick for us.....hopefully yours is just medical things that can be easily remedied, but if not just keep trying whatever works for you. Eventually, they DO have to sleep! Hang in there, do something nice for yourself everyday and stay calm......before you know it this too will pass!

Barbara Manatee said...

Oh! Poor kiddos. Am curious too if the Dr can give you some answers to what may be behind this change...otherwise maybe the transition to beds is the culprit after all. I, too, have a good friend who just switched her twins to their beds. The first few weeks were golden and since then, her son has been up screaming all night.

Hope things get better soon!!

Jessica said...

You've metioned several times, that the kiddos keep getting repeated ear infections. How about tubes in the ears? Just a thought. We had a problem with our one triplet, very similar. He got tubes, and what a difference. Mention it to your pediatrician, see what they say. I would worry about all of the scar tissue building up from the infections, it could cause hearing loss.
I wish I had an answer for the napping and sleeping problems, sometimes it's just growth or change that can mess things up. It can't last forever and hopefully it ends before the baby arrives. Good Luck.

Melissa said...

Oh you poor sweet thing! I am so sorry. I have had these nights with two but I cannot imagine with three! Ask your Dr. about Melatonin. It is over the counter, all natural supplement. We use it as a last resort at times when our kids hit a spell and NEED DESPERATELY their sleep. It seems to work and after a night or two of a complete nights sleep they seem to fall back into the rhythm. As far as naps, I had someone tell me the other day that some kids give up their naps by age 2. I am praying that this woman had no idea what she was talking about. I LIVE for naptime! Hang in there and know that you are in our prayers for a fast and quick miracle!