Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Where, oh where have my good sleepers gone?

Oh where, oh where could they be? My kids have always been great sleepers. You could always count on a decent nap and a full nights sleep since they were about four months old. Well all of that has come to an abrupt end as of last week! I don't know what is going on but these kids think that they can run on an hour nap during the day and an eight hour night. Seriously??!! I can barely function on that. They have been going down at 7:30pm every night with no problem. They are exhausted, but come 3:30am, they are up and ready to roll. They open their door and holler at us, I go in and tell them it is way too early and it is time to go back to bed. They oblige and sleep for another thirty minutes and then it starts all over again. We go through this routine about five times, until finally it's 5:30am/6:00am, and I just give up. So the mornings around here have been way rough for the past week. And then comes nap time. They are exhausted. I'm talking, barely able to function tired, so you think they would take a great nap, but alas, they are down for an hour and then they are ready to cry, I mean play for the rest of the evening. I just don't know what to do. I'm exhausted, Jake's worn out, and the little darlings have been way less than pleasant for about ten days now. I'm praying this is a phase like the one other time. Please, please, please, just let this be a phase!

Here is one of our more pleasant moments, few and far between these days! It's just a phase, it's just a phase, it's just a phase!

9 comments:

Brad and Alyssa said...

Just a comment---my son was like that right before I had my twins. I think kids know something is going to change really soon! :)

Anonymous said...

But they are so cute!!

truelifeofjess said...

I have two girls, ages 5 and 3 and both of my girls went thru this period for about 2 months.. Just suggestion tyr keeping them up a half a hour long and u may want to consider cutting out a nap. I know it is hard but it maight help with the sleepign at night. Good Luck and Congrats on the baby on the way.Jessica

Jennifer Melda said...

It was just a phase for my daughter.. I REALLY hope that it is for you too!
Also, completely darkening her room really helped as well as a noise machine. Just a suggestion. :)

Following Him said...

This has to be a phase. Seriously, 3am! Oh my goodness! Carter looks like he is in a daze. Poor Barron house!
~Elyse~

Barbara Manatee said...

ugh! Hang in there. I can relate to some extent...my daughter has not been sleeping good either lately. she wakes up no less than 4-5 times per night, crying out and making lots of noise. Its definitely catching up with her and her brother as well as both seem to get crankier each day with the less-than-quality sleep we're getting.

Hope they rest better soon! Mama needs her sleep!

Anonymous said...

i have 2 year old twin boys, they were always good sleepers, but when they turned 19 months they completely quit sleeping. They were up at 5am ready to go all day long. The nap time eventually got better and back to normal, but we had to get use to our mornings starting way earlier than we were use to. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like they are getting ready for Charlie! Just wait till there are 4 kids up at 3:00am! Good Luck!

The Golf Widow said...

I'm sure you know about Baby Wise...best book ever written.Full of great advise that works.I never had multiples but my sleepers went through the same thing.Sure it's just a phase...don't give up! Mine made it and all napped/rested for at least 2 hours a day until starting K.It helps that they are just adorable. Too cute 3 in a row having a snack!