Friday, November 28, 2008

Introducing.....

Our brand new addition. Mr. Charlie Johnson Barron

Weight: 7lb. 8oz.
Length: 18 in.

Well Charlie has arrived and everything went absolutely perfectly! We are actually already home and at the moment, all four kids are sound asleep for a little nap. We got to the hospital at about 5:30am. They took us back to our room and got us all set up. After millions of question and info about what they were going to do, they came and took us to the operating room. It was so laid back it was unreal. There were about six or seven people in the room and two of them just asked if they could hang out because they had nothing else to do. They even let Jake come in while they were doing the Spinal Block which helped because I was dreading that part horribly. There was music on and everyone was just so laid back and relaxed. My doctor even asked if I wanted her to take out my old scar and make it straight and pretty. Sure, why the heck not. My one from last time was a bit lopsided and scraggly looking, because of the way the kids were laying and how quick everything had to be done. And then after they got him out, they held him up and we got to take pictures of him! I thought he looked so tiny but they all said he was a pretty good size. They took him over to get him all cleaned up and Jake got to go see him and take pictures. They were getting me all fixed up and then they just brought him over and gave him to Jake. He was with us the whole rest of the day. It was so cool! They gave him to me after they moved me to the transport bed, and I got hold him. I actually got to hold one of my kids right after they were born! It was awesome! The rest of the day, however, did not go so well. I was fine until about 1:00pm, and then I had a reaction to some of the medicine they gave me. I was talking and acting like a total loon. I knew I was totally confused and out of it, but I still couldn't keep anything straight. I was like a total crazy person. After some tears of confusion and a good night's sleep, I was back to my normal self yesterday. We are actually already home and it feels good to be here. The kids seem to be doing OK with Charlie. They are still a little out of whack from me being gone and they haven't really paid any attention to him yet. We'll see how it goes over the next couple days as we settly back into our routine, or our new routine I guess. OK, so here is what you guys really came for. Here are some new pics of our newest little one. I must say, he is pretty darn cute, and we have decided to keep him.

Just before delivery

My first time seeing him

My first time holding Mr. Charlie

Our newly expanded family

The big man takin' a rest

Our "Little Turkey" on Thanksgiving Day

31 comments:

Mountain Girl said...

Congratulations on your new little "turkey"! He is a cutie and I can see why you'd like to keep him! Will look forward to more updates and pictures!

Following Him said...

CONGRATS on your sweet new man!!! He is adorable and so precious!!! Hope the kiddos adjust well.
~Elyse~

Ashhog said...

Congrats! He's a doll!

Ashley said...

Wow! Congrats!! Can't believe you're going to be even busier!! He is such a little sweetie!

Barbara Manatee said...

Congratulations! He's adorable and I bet he seems so big compared to the other 3 when they were born.

How you described his delivery is exactly what I hope for with our upcoming one...just for things to go smoothly and get to see him/her and hold him/her shortly after being born. I have no memories from the twins' birth b/c I was put under and didn't get to see them for almost 2 days. :-( Just want a 'normal' delivery this time!

Congrats again and good luck with the adjustment!

Karen said...

Congrats on your new little bundle! He is beautiful!

Annie said...

Congratulations. He is so cute and tiny. Lovely pictures. God bless your family.

Lani said...

Congratulations! He's beautiful!!!

Sarah said...

He is such a cutie! Congratulations!!

Melissa said...

Congratulations!! What a sweet surprise to your adorable family!

Tasha said...

Congratulations! He's a cutie! I look forward to reading about your adorable family. Congrats again!

Hollee said...

WOW! What a difference between one and three. I can't imagine! How cool that you were able to dress him the next day in turkey stuff. So fun!! If you guys are settled in...we've love to bring dinner next week. :D

Joy said...

Oh my goodness...he is ADORABLE!!!! Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you guys and happy to hear things went well and you are all home. Congrats again!!!

Susan said...

Congratulations! I love how you talk about the hospital and how laid back it was....that sounds like you. With a house full, you sound very relaxed and laid back :) Your newest addition is very sweet.

Hilary said...

Charlie you are awesome!! Your Mommy and daddy did a great job...get better Mommy :)

Holly said...

What a cutie! Welcome, Charlie!

Jessica said...

He is darling!! What a beautiful family you have. Happy Holidays!

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh! He is absolutely beautiful!!! Congrats!!!!

Melissa said...

Congratulations! So glad everything went so well. Charlie is precious and looks like he will fit right in. Enjoy those precious times when all 4 are napping at once!

Tammy said...

Congratulations. He looks like a sweet little turkey.

Cindy (and Brian) said...

Absolutely perfect! He is BEAUTIFUL! You all look great! Good job Mommy!!!
Congratulations!

Cherie said...

He's perfect! Congrats on your newest addition! I'm so happy for you all.

rachael said...

congratulations on such a perfect and beautiful addition to your family! he is just precious!

Jessica said...

SO cute! Congrats

Jeannie said...

yay! i have been religiously checking back to see if you had posted about charley yet.

he is perfect---so cute!!!! congratulations!!!!

Twice as Nice said...

Congratulations on a beautiful baby boy. You didn't look big enough to have a baby over 6#!! Atleast it won't take you long to get to your before pregnancy weight.

I stop by your blog once in awhile and really like it. You have a beautiful family. God bless all of you!!

Vannary said...

Congrats! He is so adorable!

Leah said...

Congratulations. He is beautiful.

Jenny said...

congrats!!! He's BEAUTIFUL! what a GREAT Thanksgiving!!:)
God Bless!
Jenny

whitneybee83 said...

he's beautiful lindz!!! He's the cutesst thing i've ever seen!! Gald to know things went well!! Can't wait to meet him at christmas in a few weeks!! Take care!! We love you!
XOXOXOXOXOXO
Whitney, Andrew , & Zoey

Kate said...

What a beautiful baby! Glad thing went smoothly. Congrats!