Friday, November 21, 2008

A Pajama Kind of Day

Yesterday, the kids and I spent the entire day in our PJ's. We don't regularly do this. Yes, I'm always in something that might resemble PJ's, I always change my clothes. But not yesterday, we were lazy and lounged all day. I caught up on all the ironing in Charlie's part of the playroom while the kids played and watched movies. We also did alot of dancing. We didn't leave the house one time. It was chilly outside and we just decided it wasn't worth the effort yesterday. Even though we didn't do anything, I was pretty sure I was going to have this baby last night. But Jake took care of baths for the night, and I went to bed and am feeling much better today! It is pretty chilly here this morning so we won't be up to much this afternoon. I have a list a mile long of things to do before next week. Most of them are phone calls and making lists. Lists of what the kids need to wear, what they are going to be eating, stuff like that. So it is going to be a pretty low key weekend for us. The Sooners have a huge game on Saturday, and I already told Charlie that if he decided to come on Saturday, he is going to have to wait until after the game, we have priorities around here! Hope everyone has a good day and a good weekend!

7 comments:

rachael said...

we had a day like that yesterday too, it was wonderful!

Stefanie said...

I love reading your blog...and you deserve days like that. Pajama days are the best...not that I get to enjoy those much anymore. Good luck with the delivery next week. I know we all can't wait to see pics of the new addition.

Momma-of-5 said...

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...quiet down about that ironing thing. I've got Shane convinced that the days of "Wifey" ironing went out with the Beaver!

Yesterday started as PJ day for us, too. Mainly because Zoe had a fundraiser at school and got to go to school in hers! But by Noon, I needed a shower...so my PJ day was done. Everyone else successfully stayed in theirs!

I can't wait to meet "Surprise".

Jessica said...

Do you stay 5 days in the hospital with the c-section? I took the full 5 days, but I know the lists at home must be long...Hopefully you get some well deserved sleep in the hospital..

Barbara Manatee said...

We had one of those days a few weekends ago...and it was great! Don't think a day like that had happened since the babies were first born.

Hilary said...

Sounds like a great day!! Have a super weekend!

Alex said...

Sooners are OWNING!!!