Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tomorrow is the Big Day!

Well it is currently 4:00 am and I am sitting in my kitchen unable to sleep. I don't know if it nerves or excitement or what! Tomorrow is Charlie day and I'm so excited. We had a super busy weekend trying to finish up last minute stuff as well as watching the Sooners destroy the Red Raiders! Boomer! Saturday, Jake did all the yard work and got everything in shape that had been a little neglected the last couple months. I caught up on the laundry and ironing and played with the kids. Sunday was a cooking marathon. I cooked five huge casseroles to put in the freezer for everyone to eat while I'm in the hospital and for when I first come home. Yesterday, I went and got a mani and pedi and it was as Borat would say "Very, Very Nice"!. They used hot stones which left my legs feeling so freakin' awesome. After my little beauty day, the kids and I came home and they took a nap while I caught up on my soaps. No tellin' when I'll get to watch any more of those! Maybe those midnight feedings! Today, the cleaning lady is coming and I'm finishing up some last minute stuff. The dogs have to be at the groomer at 9:30, I need to go pick up some batteries for all of Charlie's stuff, get my oil changed in the van and then my pre-op appointment is at 2:00. Family should start arriving by five. My brother (Arin), his girlfriend (Savannah), my mom, dad, Nanna, Poppa and Jake's parents will all be here. My mom, dad, Arin and Savannah are going to stay here with the kids in the morning and then bring them up to the hospital a little later once we get settled in. I really want to keep their routine as normal as possible. It is already going to be so weird for them. No one else has ever taken care of them but me. Not that I don't have full confidence in my family, it will just be weird being away from them for four days! Maybe a nice little break, but still weird. Well, I'm off to see if I can go back to sleep. Wish us luck tomorrow and we will get some info posted as quick as we can!

Here's some pics from this weekend. Our last weekend as a family of five!

Eating some goldfish watching "College Gameday" with daddy

Carter apparantly woke up a little early and is still a little sleepy

Big E on the other hand is primed and ready to go

Huddy also missed the memo about sleeping and decided to catch up

Huddy trying to escape from baby jail

Carter man says "Let Me Out"!

Big E trying to make a break for it!

21 comments:

Jessica said...

Good luck tomorrow. Hope everything goes smoothly for you! You must be soooo excited that tomorrow is the big day. Take care and Happy Thanksgiving.

Susan said...

From a cyper reader - best wishes for you and your family tomorrow. Amazing what you accomplished this past weekend and so organized. Good for you. I guess you have to be when raising triplets!!! Glad you have the troops coming in to help. Can't wait to see Charlie with his siblings!!

rachael said...

best of luck tomorrow for a smooth delivery. can't wait to see charlie!

Ally Thomas said...

Lots of prayers your way for a smooth day tomorrow - get some rest if you can today! Happy early Thanksgiving and can't wait to see pics of the newest member of the family.

Holly said...

Good luck tomorrow!

Barbara Manatee said...

Good luck!! I, too, am nervous about being away from the twins when our baby arrives...never been gone for more than one night...can't imagine 4!! :-(

Cherie said...

Lindsay,

I'll be praying for a smooth, safe delivery.

Be well!

I can't wait to read all about it!

Kate said...

Good luck to you! Can't wait to hear the wonderful news! Your little ones will be wonderful older siblings!

whitneybee83 said...

Can't wait to see your new little addition! Everyone here is super excited!!!We're all praying that everything goes smoothly for you!! Sending lots of Zoey smooches to you guys!!! And Torie & Cole smooches too!! Lots of Love to you and your Family!! Cant wait to see some pictures!! :)
whitney & Andrew & Zoey & the rest of the Fam!!!

Stefanie said...

Best of wishes tomorrow on Charlie's delivery! We will keep you and your family in our prayers and we hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, even though it will be in the hospital.

Tammy said...

Delurking.
Best wishes on your safe delivery of Charlie and a speedy recovery.

Annie said...

Good luck tomorrow. Everything will be fine.

Jessica said...

Wow, that went quick. Good luck tomorrow.

Melissa said...

Good luck! I can't wait to see pictures of Mr. Charlie. You will be in our prayers tomorrow morning!

Cindy (and Brian) said...

SO excited for you! Can't wait to hear the news!

Jutta, Germany said...

Good luck and a safe delivery.
I'll keep you in my prayers today.

Jutta, Solingen - Germany
former Coconut Creek, FL resident

Hilary said...

I am so excited for your family!! Can't wait to see Charlie's little face :) I will definately be praying for a safe surgery :)

Jeannie said...

HOLY CR@P!!! At this time (Wed at 1 pm) you have already had Charlie!! I am so freakin excited for you and cant wait to see him and see how you are doing!!! YAY!!!

Following Him said...

LOVE the picts and update! Hang in there girlfriend and Happy early birthday Charlie!!!
~Elyse~

Joy said...

I've been thinking about you ALL day and praying that things went well. Happy Birthday Charlie and congratulations to your entire family!

Momma-of-5 said...

good luck...(of course by now, charlie's already here...so CONGRADULATION!!)

Can't wait to hear about your "normal" day of having just one! =)