Monday, January 19, 2009

It's like training Circus Monkeys!

So everyone knows one of the best things about having kids is training them to do stupid/funny things. Whether it be a funny phrase a stupid trick, or in our case dancing. I love, love, love, dancing and so do the kids. We dance everyday and when there is the inevitable daily meltdown, you can always turn on the IPOD, break it down, and all seems to be right with the world again. I have a play list of all the kids favorite dance songs and they play pretty much all day! So here is a video of my well trained little dancing circus monkeys. Be sure and turn up the volume!(Please excuse my voice, I've been known to be a tad loud!)

There were a few moves in our repetoire that didn't make the cut this time, such as "Kickers", "The Wave", "The Sprinkler", and "The Running Man", but don't worry I'll be sure to get them on video soon!

15 comments:

Susan said...

So cute. I think the "get low get low" is hilarious. Looks somewhat like the chicken dance move :) Their laughter is so cute as well.

Hilary said...

Oh man that was TOOOOOO cute i loved it all.... get low!!!

Barbara Manatee said...

So fun!! My two love to dance, but not sure if they know any 'moves' yet unless they've learned them at school. Might have to set aside time every day for dance time for the stretch I'm home on maternity leave.

You were so right too...this time around was sooo much better with the baby and the twins seem to be doing ok so far with their new lil brother!

Following Him said...

They are totally adorable and made me laugh so hard. Get low and all the dance moves are adorable!!!!
Made my Monday!
~Elyse~

Emily said...

I am a friend of Joy's and just HAD to comment on this absolutely adorable video!!! This is just awesome. It made my day. :-)

Anonymous said...

I just had to delurk and tell you this video made my whole day! They are so cute!
Jenny in Michigan

Jennie said...

I found your blog through a friend. Your children are hilarious!

Momma-of-5 said...

THAT IS HYSTERICAL! I could watch it over and over. You have quite a few good dancers on her hands...

Robin Lynn said...

THAT IS SO CUTE!!!!! I watched it at my desk and was lol!! Precious little ones!!
You are a great teacher!!!

Robin

PS. I commented before about the boys' cowboy pajamas...I found them and wanted to tell you thanks for the tip!!!!

Beth said...

Dancing Circus Monkeys - Luv'em!!! PLUS ... they remind me of their grandpa dancing with their great auntie Jan and their momma with cousin Corey when they were the same age. Love Ya'll, Great Auntie Beth

The (almost) whole gang said...

I love it! You have done a great job with them and are a fantastic mommy!- Great Auntie Tammy

Lindsay said...

They are absolutely adorable! Classic dance moves!

I've been reading your blog for a while now and your little ones always make me smile! Thanks!

Cindy (and Brian) said...

OHMYGOSH this is the best thing I've seen in a long time! I LOVE IT! Thanks so much for sharing that made me smile!!!

Jeannie said...

that was the funniest ever! :)

Heza Hekele said...

Hilarious! I too, find music to be the perfect medium to turn the chaos into happiness...everyone is in a better mood when there is dancing in the kitchen (or any other room of the house...or the car...)