Wednesday, February 11, 2009

House of germs

That's right, we are infected with the flu. Everyone but Charlie, whch am totally grateful for. Thursday, Hudson woke up with a fever that I could not get to break. So adter nap, I decded to head to the Pedi. They swabbed his nose, and sure enough he had some weird strain. I took the other three kids to Tulsa to try to keep them from catching it, but alas it was to no avail. Sunday morning Carter and Ella had high fevers, and I felt like someone had beat me with a baseball bat. I hurt everywhere. So we loaded up and headed back to Texas. I disinfected all their toys hoping that would help, but Monday was way rough. I didn't feel to bad, Jake felt terrible, and the kids looked like crap, and I say that lovingly. So back to the doctor we went for more Tamiflu for the rest of us. Luckily, yesterday, no one had a fever, except for me. I spent most of the day on the couch sleeping with Charlie, and Jake manned the triplets, who slept a good part of the day. Thankfully, by last night, no one had fever or any signs of more sickness. I'm feeding Charlie right now and praying that when everyone wakes up, there will still be no fevers. Mind you we all have the flu shot and we are just the lovely 17% that contracted the weird strain that was immune to the vaccine. Isn't it great to be special!

10 comments:

Susan said...

Oh wow, so sorry to hear. And in your situation with the kids, geez, when one gets it, the chances are so high they all get it. But to make it worse, you and hubby get it. It is a nasty season of sick all over the country. It is hear in Michigan as well. Take care.

Hollee said...

YUCKY! I am so sorry. I hope you guys feel better soon.

Rachael said...

oh no, i hope that everyone gets well soon.

Barbara Manatee said...

oh no! Hope Charlie stays healthy! Its hard enough with the toddlers get sick, but so hard to watch a baby be sick!
We've all had colds and Adam's been stuffy too - but thankfully not as bad as the twins or I were. still makes it hard for him to eat, poor guy!

Hope you're all healthy again soon!

MOM said...

I had that weird strain last year that was not covered by the shot and it was BRUTAL! Tamiflu didnt work for our family, because it was too late....good luck and hopes to a speedy recovery

Annie said...

So sorry, I hope everyone feel better soon.

Following Him said...

YUCK!!! Hope everyone feels better soon. Five times the sickness...what fun!
~Elyse~

Hilary said...

Bummer..get better everybody!! :)

The (almost) whole gang said...

Ok, let me get this straight. You all came down with it (except Charlie, Thank God) and you LEFT your mom's? I'd have stayed and whined until I felt better and had her take care of me and everyone else:)
Glad you are all feeling better.
--Aunt Tammy

Leslie said...

You are kidding me!!! That is so terrible. I really, really hope your baby Charlie doesn't get it. Hope you are all almost well by tomorrow am.