Monday, February 16, 2009

Yes, We're Still Alive!

Don't worry, we survived the flu and are finally back to normal! I've got a lot of posts so y'all better get hooked up 'cuz this weeks gonna be busy! Needless to say it was a long week last week. By Thursday though, everyone was back to normal, except Jake. He felt terrible until Friday evening/Saturday. The kids and I tried to get back into our normal routine, which was tough. The house was a complete disaster. It was so disorganized, I was having trouble functioning. We had luggage from the kids and my trip to Tulsa, laundry, and add on top of that the fact that Jake and Hudson were here by themselves for three days, it was overwhelming! Slowly but surely, I got it all cleaned up and by Saturday, everything was back in it's place. Saturday, we took the kids to the play place at the mall to get them out of the house, grabbed some lunch and then headed on home for a nap. After nap, we ran a few errands and then came home for dinner. We had a great Valentine's Day. Jake got a golf club and a digital picture frame for his office, and I got a new lens for my camera. It is awesome! I'm still learning how to work it but it takes fantastic pictures and I can't wait to show them to you. But for now, here are some pics and some updates on each of the kids. These are from a couple weeks ago before everyone got sick.


Unfortunately, Hudson seems to have inherited his father's inability to cope with pain and sickness. He started on Tamiflu three and a half days before anyone else, but he was the slowest to start to feel better. It's a good thing he's cute 'cuz this kid is a big baby!

Miss Ell. Where to begin? DRAMA QUEEN! That about sums it up. When Jake is here, I apparently am incapable of doing anything. She got over her sickness pretty quickly. She may be high maintenance, but she's pretty tough!

Carter man, or TarCar as he is known by Huddy and Ella, is hilarious. He is talking all the time and could not be any cuter. Which is good since he is a devious little monster. He is super smart and very sneaky. We'll have to watch this one!

My sweet little Charlie. What a good baby he is. He has been sleeping through the night for about three weeks now. He goes to sleep about 9pm and wakes up about 6am. He is eating great and weighs about 12 pounds now. He is too squishy cute!

I've got lots to post about so check us out tomorrow for more cute pics and stories! Happy President's Day!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Glad your experience with sickness is over....the kids look so cute. It's our turn...even with older kids it still is yucky. I'm feeling pretty bad myself and am going home :( Bad year for the flu!!

Barbara Manatee said...

LOL...I had to laugh at my 'lil guy' who will be 5 weeks tomorrow is already almost 12 lbs! WHOA! what a chunker!

Glad you're all feeling better and back to 'normal' - whatever that is...haha!

Barbara Manatee said...

LOL...I had to laugh at my 'lil guy' who will be 5 weeks tomorrow is already almost 12 lbs! WHOA! what a chunker!

Glad you're all feeling better and back to 'normal' - whatever that is...haha!