Monday, March 9, 2009

Zoo Trip

The kids and I took a trip to the last Thursday. Jake and I took the kids just before Charlie was born, but it was cold and they were riding in the Choo Choo Wagon and couldn't really see much. But this time, we took the kids new ride and they absolutely loved it. Other than sweating our butts off, it was almost ninety degrees, we had a great time. We started out with the monkeys which were a huge hit. After the monkeys, we hit up the elephants and giraffes. There was a baby giraffe which the kids loved. They kept yelling, "Momma, baby raffe!" After the giraffes it was time for the lions and tigers and bears, oh my! The lion was roaring and shaking his mane. It was awesome! The kids were terrified at first, but after they realized that the loud lion couldn't get them, they ate it up. They laughed and clapped, too cute. After the lion excitement, we decided it was time for a picnic lunch. After some PB&J sandwiches, grapes, apples and cookies, we headed out to see the penguins, or "pinkins" according to the kids. There were about thirty of them and the kids were hollering "waddle, waddle, bird waddle!" We decided to hit up the monkeys one more time before we loaded up and headed home. The kids loved it and I was exhausted! Our new ride weighs about 60 pounds, throw in another 130 with the kids and our bags, I was beat! But we had a great time and we will be returning tomorrow! Here's some pics from the zoo. Also some pics of the kids new ride and mine!

Some of our animal friends



The kids new ride. Charlie is in the back by Ella. Excuse my appearance, that stroller and those hills, kicked my tail!

The ride to and from the zoo, was much more pleasant in my new ride! This is my ver first brand new car. I drove it off the lot on Wednesday, with 14 miles on it. She's sooo pretty!

4 comments:

Following Him said...

COOL picts...maybe spring instead of summer weather will stick around before the heat wave comes again. Glad the kiddos had fun!
~Elyse~

Susan said...

I love the zoo and my kids (teens) still love the zoo. I can't see the kids new ride as the pic is too dark but your van looks like a beauty :)

Barbara Manatee said...

is that a 4-seater sideXside stroller? I've seen one recently in our MOMs group. What a workout for you! whew!

Like your other new wheels, too! We got a mini van before Adam was born and I love it!

Michelle said...

just wanted to let you know that I enjoy your blog.