Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Friendly Visit to the Easter Bunny?

Or a huge torture experiment concocted by a crazy mother of two year old triplets? You be the judge.

So Tuesday morning, we headed up to the mall to see the Easter Bunny. Everything was going smoothly. We looked at pictures of the Bunny, we talked about it and everyone was really ready. That is until we actually saw the Bunny in person. That's when it all went downhill. Hudson was very excited, Ella was screaming, and Carter was trying to crawl up my leg. I got everyone out of the stroller and C and E crawled back in. It didn't take long or Hudson to realize that apparently he should be crying too. So I hand Charlie to the Bunny and the kids totally freak out. They start screaming "Lolly, Beeebeee, Oh Baby Charley" at the top of their lungs, like the Bunny was going to suddenly going to eat him and he should run as fast as he could! So with the help of a kind stranger, I got the big kids out of the stroller and kindly shuttled them, some people may say drug, them over to the scariest thing they have ever seen. After a few minutes of pleading and torture, I decided to be in the picture with them. Now had I known I was going to be in the picture, I would have, I don't know, maybe put on some make-up, done my hair, worn something other than a Favorite T. But, overall, I don't think they will be permanently scarred, and if they are I will delete this post, and totally deny that any of this ever happened!

We also went to the ENT Tuesday and all four kiddos are getting tubes in May. So hopefully this will be an end to our weekly ear infection trips to the Pedi!

15 comments:

Grace said...

Oh my goodness. This picture is priceless!

A mom and one princess said...

This is hilarious! My lil girl is terrified of the Easter bunny also!

Susan said...

I'm very sorry but I'm at my desk at work laughing hysterically. This picture is priceless. And mom, you look great and happy! Charlies is so sweet just sitting with bunny like why are my siblings so upset. Hilarious.

Laura said...

I read your blog all the time and I just had to comment on this picture. This is hysterical. 20 years from now you guys will be laughing at this picture. Oh, and just as a sidenote, I think you look great. And of course, the kids look adorable. I love the outfits you picked for the picture.

Heza Hekele said...

That picture is awesome! I love how chill Charlie is...oblivious to the torture session going on in his midst...

Do you have the classic "Screaming on Santa's Lap" shots as well?

Momma-of-5 said...

Lindsay - that's SUCH a keeper!

All 4 are getting tubes? Even the baby? Wow! What was the reason? Eli's going at the end of the month.

Barbara Manatee said...

I am so laughing with you because that is EXACTLY how our trip went. Excitement was brewing - until they saw him! I also had Adam go first and Sarah sat in the back, yelling and crying like she was worried what the EB would do to him! LOL! I wasn't able to get all 3 in a pic...just 1 at at time - Sarah was fighting too much and Jacob's just too darn big to juggle him and her! haha!

Happy Easter! The kids look ADORABLE in their outfits! Love the new pic up top, too!

Joy said...

Oh my goodness! That picture is priceless!! I love the look on Ella's face and the expression on the Easter Bunny's face says it all! You need to give me tips on how you get out and about with all four of them...what stroller do you use?

Oh, and major bummer about the tubes. :( I really hope it provides relief for all of them though!

Hilary said...

OMG that is soooooo precious!! thankyou for the laugh..I can only imagine how NOT funny it was when it was going on..but the kiddo look adorable in their easter outfits..too cute..Charlie what a doll!!

Chelley N said...

This is sooooo hilarious!!! The bunny looks so innocent holding little Charlie while all the big kids just SCREAM!

This picture will be funny for years and years to come... much more exciting than and perfectly posed, happy picture!

jay_say said...

I wonder what it is about the bunny... they are more terrified of it than they are of Santa. Great pic!

Kara said...

I read your blog all the time. I have GGG trips that are 15 months old. They all got tubes in their ears three weeks ago. It is the best money we have ever spent! The girls are so much happier and I can tell a big difference in their speech. I guess they couldn't hear! I love the picture of the easter bunny. I couldn't get my girls anywhere near him!

Kaplanovs said...

As everyone else has already said, that picture is priceless! As for not having been prepared for being in a picture, you certainly look the happiest out of everyone on the photo :-)

You are one brave woman to even try!

NVP said...

I think I'd be quite scared as well. The bunny is kindof freaky looking!!!!

Rachel said...

oh my! what an event!! i think you look adorable!!