Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Playing Catch Up

I've decided that there are just not enough hours in the day. No matter how hard I work or how much I get done, there is still so much to do. I've been trying to figure out a new schedule for myself over the past few weeks, and I have yet to find one that works. I'm trying to get the little things, you know, showering, emptying dishwasher, making beds, eating breakfast, done before the kids wake up, because it seems if it doesn't get done before they are up, it doesn't get done. During nap time, I clean up all of the messes that were made from the time the kids wake up until nap time, but it seems by the time they go to bed at night, the house is a mess again. I have to have everything in its place before I go to sleep or else I can't sleep. Ridiculous I know, but still that's just the way I am. I've decided that everything in my life is like those tiny little snow balls, so cute, and they start out innocently enough. You know a cup left out here, some pajamas on the floor there, some miscellaneous junk strewn about, and then before you know it, that cute little tiny snow ball is rolling down the hill getting bigger and bigger until it is about to totally mow you over and take you down with it! The kids little tiffs and tantrums can also get out of control like this! So needless to say my blog has been a little neglected. But I'm going to try and do better, I promise!

So here are a few pics of my little monkeys from our outside playtime a couple weeks ago!
The Hudster
Miss Ell
Carter-man
Brotherly Love
The Big Timer
"Mya helped Charley Baby dood it" - Miss Ell
"Kiss Cheek?" - Carter Man
"Oh, oh, oh, oh, mmmmmm, eeeee, Beebee" - Mr. I need tubes so bad I can't hear a thing so this is how I talk Hudson

5 comments:

Annie said...

I do a lot of things before my girls wake up because I don't like a messy house.

Working with a schedule is the best, because you did different works each day.

Like the pictures. (Hope sometime you visit my blog).

Happy Wednesday.

Susan said...

Oh they are so cute. I remember that they are all having tubes at once....oh my. My oldest had them at 1 year old and did fine but geez, three at once. Ugh. I read your blog and think, yup....I can only imagine. I would think that you must be very organized. But I'm the same as you about organizing/cleaning before bed. However, let me tell you, you think when your kids are older it gets better, NOPE! Teens can be unbelievably messy and then they look at you like, but where is it?? Hang in there and keep blogging when you can.

Barbara Manatee said...

Cute pics of the kiddos around the pole there. :-)

Good luck with the tubes...a friend of mine just had her 2.5 yr old get them and said it was a breeze! Her other boy (twins) had his tonsils out this winter and said this was nothing compared to that - he was outside playing later that day!! Hopefully your experience will go just as well.

Heza Hekele said...

Gorgeous pictures!

Following Him said...

LOVE the picture update. Charlie and Carter, in my opinion, look so much alike! I can't believe the kiddos are growing SO FAST :)
~Elyse~