Wednesday, September 23, 2009

"My Jesus"

So the kids have started to have full conversations. With each other, with me, with anyone. So when we were in the car a couple weeks ago, Ella struck up a little convo with me which was nothing abnormal. But the dialoughe that followed, totally cracked my face up. A little recap:

Ella: Momma?
Me: Yes Ell?
Ella: My a girl like you?
Me: Yes, you are a girl like me.
Ella: My a good girl
Me: Yes, most of the time you are a good girl.
Ella: My a strong girl.
Me: Yes, you are very strong.
Ella: (Pause) MY JESUS!
Me: (Stunned silence)Uhhhh, no sister, you aren't Jesus.
Ella: No momma, my Jesus. (said very matter-of-factly)
Me: No, I'm sorry, you are not Jesus.
Hudson: (From the backseat) My Jesus?
Me: NO! No one in this car is Jesus!
Ella: OK! Can we go eat Chicky-Fries?
Me: Holy Moly.

They have been talking about Jesus alot. When we drive past church, they say "That where we see Jesus". When they see anything Christmas, "Oh that baby Jesus". They like to show me how they pray in chapel. But this was the first time any of them have every actually though they were Jesus. I'm sure it's just one of many strange conversations we will have over the next eighteen years.

My "Little Jesus"

2 comments:

Cherie said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

She might not be Jesus but she sure does look like an angel in this picture.
Yia Yia