Monday, November 23, 2009

A big ol' pile of.....

LEAVES! Get your heads out of the gutter people! Last Wednesday, the weather was crazy nice, so we took advantage of the beautiful weather. We live in an older neighborhood with huge trees. And while those trees give us valuable shade from the hot TX sun, they bring a whole lotta leaves in the fall. Last year, with Charlie's impending arrival, we let the leaves go. But not this year. I decided while the kids were taking their nap I would rake some leaves up and we would jump in them when they woke up. It was a bit more daunting than I had originally anticipated, but I got us a big pile of leaves to jump in. I had visions of the kids in their winter hats and mittens with little red noses, but since it was seventy five degrees I decided I would not force my two year olds to sweat to death for my my own artistic vision. I did make them wear long sleeves to keep their little arms from getting scratched up. It didn't take long for the big kids to jump right in. Charlie baby on the other hand absolutely hated it. The leaves were really loud and the big kids were jumping around like crazy so he was not a fan. But he was more than happy to push his mower far around the perimeter. We played for a couple of hours and then it was time to bag all the leaves and get them ready for the trash man. The boys bailed and left me and Miss Ell to do all the dirty work. Lucky for me she is a big helper. It took us over an hour to get them all picked up and we had a great day!

4 comments:

Hilary said...

That was very cute!! They have gotten SO big!! I can't believe that Charlie will be 1 soon?! Happy thanksgiving too :)

Susan said...

Oh my goodness you got some GREAT pics. Both of them all together and individual shots. I even have memories as a child of the fall and jumping into leave piles. It is mandatory for children ;)

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!
I think it's wonderful that you take so many individual pictures of your triplets. I have a friend who is a triplet and nearly all of her baby/younger years pictures are with the triplets all together. I'm sure your kids will be quite thankful one day!

Barbara Manatee said...

what fun pictures!! wow...75 degrees? its been pretty warm for Nov here in MI but not that warm! (50s here...).