Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Live and Learn

So I lived and I learned. Santa was a disaster last year so, we've been really talking alot about him this year. Every time we go to the mall, or any place Santa might be, we go and check him out. We stay a safe distance away, but talk about him,how he is just a guy, probably someone's Poppa. We look at him, they love his red hat. And watch the other kids sit on his lap, they always get a candy cane after they see him Hudson was instantly on board, Ella was tentative, and Carter wanted absolutely nothing to do with him. So after seeing him about fifteen times, I quickly realized that there was no way these kids were going to sit on Santa's lap. Charlie baby included, he really, really likes me! And it's not as if this man can hold all of them down, I mean there are four of them. So I decided the easiest, most painless, least traumatic way to get this done, was to be in the pic with them. So as opposed to the Easter bunny pic last year where they were all dressed up and I was in my jeans and t-shirt, I decided to get up and do my hair and put on something decent. And I'm happy to say, the kids did awesome! Carter was still a little leery of him, but he ended up doing OK. After we got done, they asked for their candy canes, but all they had were suckers. Ella asked where the candy canes were, and Santa told her that Wal-Mart was all out when Mrs. Clause went. She said, and I quote, "Oh you shop at Wal-Mart too! We love Wal-Mart. That's so awesome! Oh, I want a pink doggy toy, Carter wants a dump truck and Hudson wants a motorcycle". She kills me! So here's our pic with Santa and some pics of Christmas' past! And yes it's the same Santa, and yes he does remember us, he even said "No crying this year Mom!"

2009

2008


2007

4 comments:

Barbara Manatee said...

Congrats on a successful visit! We saw Santa a few times this year at various events and had varied success...baby Adam was 0 for 3 though...too attached to Mama and too afraid of strangers. The twins each at least got 2 out of 3 visits :-)

Hilary said...

Oh it's priceless!!! Love it!! That Ella is just a jem ;)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stefanie said...

I love the pictures!!! I think you definately do what you have to do when you want to get a picture with Santa.