Thursday, February 18, 2010

Quick Catch Up

We have been crazy busy around here, and not good busy. After our week of ER visits, ENT visits, and Pulmonology visits, I was kind of hoping for a sick free week. But as of last Thursday, it was apparently not in the cards. Carter came home from school with a fever. Then Saturday night, Ella got a fever. Then Sunday afternoon, Charlie got a fever. Then Monday morning Hudson got a fever. Along with the fevers came coughing. I'm talking crazy hard coughing to where they would they would throw up. So after a LONG visit to the doctor on Monday afternoon, we were diagnosed with 3 ear infections, one for Charlie, two for Carter, Bronchitis for all four, and the worst medication regiment EVER. On Tuesday alone, I gave 35 syringes of medicine, 16 breathing treatments, 4 inhaler puffs, 10 ear drops, 16 tsp of Tylenol. And unfortunately, my kids picked this week to HATE taking medicine. But they all seem to be on the mend. And hopefully THIS week will be better! Oh yeah and in the middle of this, we got 12 inches of snow! Drove to Tulsa in it, and then drove home in another blizzard! SO OVER THE WINTER! Props to you people in the north, I don't know how you do it.

Some quick pics of the snow.

This tree is usually way up high where you can see our neighbors house under it, this day, not so much


6 comments:

Hilary said...

Hope that everyone gets better soon...poor Momma!!!!

Kaplanovs said...

Seriously, poor Mommy! You must be so ready for a good night's sleep by now! Hope all the kiddos get well soon!

Momma-of-5 said...

I guess I should stop my belly-aching! We've been (realtively) healthy this winter.

ashleigha said...

Both my kids hate to take medicine...the Dr. advised me to put it in a little Dt. Dr. Pepper...works like a charm!

Anonymous said...

Not bad article, but I really miss that you didn't express your opinion, but ok you just have different approach

Anonymous said...

It is useful to try everything in practice anyway and I like that here it's always possible to find something new. :)