Monday, August 22, 2011

Little Golfers

When we first moved to TX, I worked at a golf course and we lived on a golf course, where Jake got a part time job. We played for free at both clubs, so we would meet after work, and we would play until it got dark. We played quite a bit, until I got pregnant with the big kids. We played a few times after we found out, but I would get so tired about half way through, and after one particular puking incident on the 11th tee box, I decided it was time to hang up the ol' clubs. Jake still plays occasionally, not as often as he would like, but hey, life changes! So back in May, we decided to take the kids to the driving range by our house. They LOVE to hit golf balls in the backyard, but are getting too good, and can now hit them over the fence. We realized pretty quickly that we were going to need to get them own set if we didn't want to have to replace all of Jake's from being slammed into the concrete. But overall, they did great, and I can't wait for it to cool down so we can hit the driving range more often! And hopefully I can get some better pictures, when I don't have to stand so close to make sure one of our small ones doesn't take a golf club to the head!

Jake and the crew

Huddy tee-in it up!

Big E had a VERY soft and gentle approach

Carter man, our little natural

And Little C, our swingin' southpaw

Still working on the rules "PUTT, CHARLIE, PUTT!" "WATCH OUT ELL!"

1 comment:

Cindi said...

What a fun blog! I ran across it because my friend just had triplets on Saturday (born at 31 weeks). They're all doing really well. I thought I'd see how some other families survive multiples :). I'm really excited for my friend and to watch her raise her children.

I wanted to pass along this Mom's Guide to caring for kids teeth. It has great ideas on how to keep your kids teeth healthy. I hope you find it helpful too. http://www.1dental.com/moms-guide/