Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Giddy Up Cowboys!

The boys new room is cowboy "theme". I use the term "theme" loosely, since we decided not to make it too "themey" or "childish". All we would need to do to change the "theme" is take the stuff off the walls and put up new "themey" stuff. They are going through a phase right now, so we decided to go with it. It has taken us FOREVER, but it is FINALLY done! We were able to score a bunch of cool stuff from Jake's parents and siblings since they are all into to horses and all things cowboy. I absolutely LOVE how it turned out!

This is Carter and Charlie's bed. The barn door was in Jake's parent's Morton building.

This is Hudson's bed, ditto on the barn door!

This is a bunch of stuff my SIL gave us, and the Iron Gate Farm sign is from Jake's parent's house, and also the name of their farm

Jake made this table out of an old bench and fence posts he found at his mom and dad's.




These are the letters from their original nursery, I just covered them in scrapbook paper. Thanks to my SIL for the great idea!

I discovered bery quickly that curtain rods and finials are EXPEN.SIVE! So I spray painted our old curtain rods, and when I found these stars for a nickel, I knew I could make them work!

I love, love, love these pictures of the boys. Show their personalities perfectly!

These are the fence posts we used. They are super old, and the wood on the inside is BEAUTIFUL!
I found these little drawer pulls on -line for fifty cents! I love the little western theme it gives the room.

This is their toy shelf, Jake built it and I love how it turned out!

These little decals started it all. The boys saw them and went nuts for them!

No comments: